CJohn

The Expendables 4 | Chinese co-production | Scenes will be filmed in China. Stallone back in

If that $190 million budget is true. What was Lionsgate thinking? I can understand giving films like Transformers and Avengers $190 million, but Expendables? Really? All they needed to do was give it a budget of $30 million.

Loved the first.

Disappointed in the second.

Borderline hated the third.

Doubt I'll be back for the fourth, unless they let me write it.  But seeing as Stallone doesn't respond to his fans, I doubt this will happen.

What the fuck ????? 

190 mil budget MUST be false or other studio's attack at them because anyone who has seen the godawful film knows it couldn't have had that big of a budget ... it looked like it didn't even have a 90 mil budget 

Interstellar which looked amazing had a few actors who are actually relevant and command salaries much higher than those in the Expendables and a director who takes alot of the money both upfront and has a backend deal and it cost 165 

Expendables 3 was shot in Bulgaria and even if they spent like 50 mil combined for the cast ( which they didn't ... my guess is somewhere around 30-40 ) there's nothing in the movie whatsoever warranting that ridiculous budget 

btw Sly should either re-think his career direction or quit cause he's embarassing himself now 

• Like 2

The Wrap also reported 25M for The Hunger Games last Friday and ruined my prediction. ;)

Boxoffice.com, The Guardian, The Numbers, wiki ... all report 90-100M.

And remember that Bruce Willis was kicked out because he wanted 1M too much - so they did look after the money. We will see, the studio knows it the best.

Ok, why a fourth part? Simple because of the 30-35M people (has someone perhaps exact admission numbers?) who still saw it in theaters. Despite the rating and the negative buzz and the leak. Ex3 had its flaws - to me it was the rating, the too much or too few screentime of some members and the boring beginning - but overall I liked it. Liked it better than 1 & 2 in some parts. The buzz before the start in theaters was really bad in Germany, but after the release, many said they expected it to be much worse. At the forums I visit, most want a fourth part - but only R-Rated of course.

The Rating was a bigger problem than I thought, around 1/3 of the users say they really avoided the film because of the rating. And the R-Rated version (not under 18 years in Germany) is already since two month in the Top 100 (normally around # 25) at amazon, the PG-13 version is only in the Top 400.

• Like 1

That article might have the best opening paragraph of any movie news this year

The words of Chumbawamba could easily apply to the career of Sylvester Stallone: “I get knocked down, but I get up again, you’re never going to keep me down.” That’s our roundabout way of letting you know that Variety is reporting that Nu Image and Millennium have just made pre-sales deals with SP International Pictures on behalf of SSXH Beijing and Max Screen Film Distribution to bring us The Expendables 4.