CJohn

The Expendables 4 | Chinese co-production | Scenes will be filmed in China. Stallone back in

The first Expendables was a fun gimmick, by the second movie you realised they didn't really have much more to offer, the third was more of the same only they toned down the violence and made it indistinguishable from the other PG13 action movies of the time. The R rating made the first two stand out in a sea of PG13 movies, it's not like the moves had deep plots or engaging characters. 

Speaking of Expendables, was it ever discovered who leaked it,how they got a copy and why they did it?

Edited by Boxofficerules

14 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Did anyone ever actually like this series (as opposed to the cast)?

Uh...yea.

The first was one of the best action films I've seen in years and II although a little bit disappointing was still good. The third was freaking horrible in my opinion. I think the second and third suffered from Stallone not directing them. But yes the first two were a lot of fun and all three of them are great for seeing a bunch of stars in the same scenes together. I mean seeing Harrison Ford Jet Li Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone all share the screen together plus Antonio Banderas and Wesley Snipes, that's just insane.

• Like 4

On 3/31/2017 at 5:45 PM, kayumanggi said:

Sylvester Stallone Exits The Expendables Franchise

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/832847-sylvester-stallone-expendables-franchise#/slide/1

Toink.

I saw this over the past weekend. It hit on April 1st so I took it with a grain of salt. The article read legit so I'll state what I thought.

Negotiation tactic. They've been stalled out for months on elements about plot/cast etc etc and Sly wants to get on with it.

He knows without him the film is dead SO, if the finance/creative partners want a chance to redeem the franchise after the PG-13 fiasco with MMA fighters and get the series back to the premise of the first film DO WHAT SLY WANTS. 

• Like 1

If anyone has watched the behind-the-scenes making of documentary for the original Expendables you can see how much passion Stallone had in making that film. He put Blood Sweat tears and broken bones into making a film and he was under an enormous amount of pressure to get it finished. In my opinion that's something you can't replicate with somebody that is not connected to the film in some way. That's why I think if he wanted to they should let him direct again. He just, in my opinion brought so much to the first that was missing from the second and third.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Uh...yea.

The first was one of the best action films I've seen in years and II although a little bit disappointing was still good. The third was freaking horrible in my opinion. I think the second and third suffered from Stallone not directing them. But yes the first two were a lot of fun and all three of them are great for seeing a bunch of stars in the same scenes together. I mean seeing Harrison Ford Jet Li Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone all share the screen together plus Antonio Banderas and Wesley Snipes, that's just insane.

Best action film you've seen in years? Were you stuck in a prison in North Korea and forced to watch My Dinner With Andre on an endless loop?

22 minutes ago, baumer said:

Uh...yea.

The first was one of the best action films I've seen in years and II although a little bit disappointing was still good. The third was freaking horrible in my opinion. I think the second and third suffered from Stallone not directing them

I'm pretty sure that Stallone ghost directed The Expendables 3.

He called a nobody to direct it, a hired gun. Stallone was one of the reasons why Expendables 3 sucked, because he was the one advocating for the new rating. The fact that he calls the movie graphic, speaks volumes about it...lol

In a nutshell, Sly was greedy and tried to turn The Expendables into Fast and Furious ( there's even a heist scene during the beginning and the middle ), but it backfired on them because the pg-13 rating managed to alienate audiences that loved the previous R rated movies. 

The movie bombed and that's it.

26 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Best action film you've seen in years? Were you stuck in a prison in North Korea and forced to watch My Dinner With Andre on an endless loop?

No. I just know what I like. Expendables is exactly the kind of action movie I look for. Your taste May differ and that's fine but for me The Expendables was my wet dream.

On 4/6/2017 at 4:47 AM, Boxofficerules said:

With Sly and Arnie gone, I can't imagine there will be too much interest in a new movie. I can't imagine the investors will be too happy with Avi Lerner over this. Will they even bother going ahead at this stage?

ALL FEMALE EXPENDABLES

Gillan, JLaw, Woodley, Zoe, Vikander and M Rodriguez :sarah:

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Can't wait to see The Rock in this movie. He said he would like the play the villain...

It'll never happen.  These movies are predicated on getting ageing stars to do the film for 2-5 million dollars.  The Rock is probably one of the highest paid actors in the world, so unless he waives his normal fee, he will not be in these films.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

It'll never happen.  These movies are predicated on getting ageing stars to do the film for 2-5 million dollars.  The Rock is probably one of the highest paid actors in the world, so unless he waives his normal fee, he will not be in these films.  

That makes sense, but he was pretty much vocal about being part of it, some years ago.

Anyway, if this movie really happens, they better get a R rating. Third movie was a joke and I can't believe they went with a pg-13 movie with watered down action and almost no blood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe he does? I also read that he mentioned several times how much he would like to join this series. 
By the way, some members here are not fans of the series or a sequel which is ok but in Germany the comments were with a large majority positive every time a fourth part was mentioned. As long as it's not rated PG-13.

• Like 2

I've wanted another proper Expendables installment since the epic disaster of the pirated pre-release of EX3.

I admit it's not the best but I blame that on the film going PG-13 and using MMA stars of the day which goes against what the series was created for originally.

I want a truce brokered and include Segal and Kurt Russell in some way. 

I'd love it if Eastwood somehow someway made a cameo. Maybe he's the boss of Bruce Willis or tied to Harrison Fords character in someway.

Hey, if the Rock will waive his normal fee he actually fits the film series mantra. He got started in the 90s after all. 

As long as the pipe dream is going find a way for Will Smith to pop in. He's the biggest 90s action star after all. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I've wanted another proper Expendables installment since the epic disaster of the pirated pre-release of EX3.

I admit it's not the best but I blame that on the film going PG-13 and using MMA stars of the day which goes against what the series was created for originally.

I want a truce brokered and include Segal and Kurt Russell in some way. 

I'd love it if Eastwood somehow someway made a cameo. Maybe he's the boss of Bruce Willis or tied to Harrison Fords character in someway.

Hey, if the Rock will waive his normal fee he actually fits the film series mantra. He got started in the 90s after all. 

As long as the pipe dream is going find a way for Will Smith to pop in. He's the biggest 90s action star after all. 

Forget Seagal. Not with him being accused of rape. Guy is a freaking joke. His movies used to be cool until he started going on full dvd route. He also got fat and never wanted to keep in shape. 

I think his last movie released to the cinemas, was Half Past Dead and that was 16 years ago. Most of his dvd movies are trash ( except for Urban Justice, Into the Sun, Mercenary and The Keeper. Ignore everything else ).

• Like 1