Mockingjay Raphael

Jurassic World OS | 1.015B OS | 1.667B WW | China 228m, United Kingdom 100.5m, Japan 74.8m

It is worthy to have stayed more than 11 years in top 10. And we have the comfort that it did 1.1 billion in 2003 without China and without 3D. Curious data: without China we have this:

Furious 7: 1.115 WW

AoU: 1.115 WW

ROTK: 1.110 WW

Basically a draw.

Turning back to the thread, if this makes 200 in US, 100 in China and another 200 in the rest of the world this weekend, where could this finish, more or less. Maybe 450 in US, 200 in China and 500-600 in the rest of the world? 1.15-1.25 billion?

Edited by peludo

It is worthy to have stayed more than 11 years in top 10. And we have the comfort that it did 1.1 billion in 2003 without China and without 3D. Curious data: without China we have this:

Furious 7: 1.115 WW

AoU: 1.115 WW

ROTK: 1.110 WW

Basically a draw.

Turning back to the thread, if this makes 200 in US, 100 in China and another 200 in the rest of the world this weekend, where could this finish, more or less. Maybe 450 in US, 200 in China and 500-600 in the rest of the world? 1.15-1.25 billion?

I think it could go as high as $250m in China and maybe slightly higher domestically, too. I think HP8 numbers are the ceiling at the moment, but who knows where it'll end up if it has great legs everywhere.

Sure. I really love Titanic, though. And Avatar is solid. The rest:  :puke:

I only really liked Avenger's and LOTR out of the top 10 film's Avatar is watcheble as is HP8 the rest you would have to pay me to see lol!

SATURDAY UPDATE, 8:00 AM PT: Universal’s Jurassic World is not only the studio’s biggest Friday stateside with an estimated $83M, it has just become the highest-grossing international Friday of all time, taking about $60M in a total of 66 markets, according to the studio. Jurassic WorldIt’s not surprisingly opened to No. 1 in every market its playing for an estimated three-day total of $130M. At 17,318 locales, it opened in 21 more markets yesterday and has only one territory left for release (in Japan on Aug. 5). Leading the overseas box office is China, which bowed Wednesday and has a cume so far of $50M. JW debuted in the U.K. and Ireland yesterday and has already grossed $9.8M, including previews. The film also enjoyed the biggest opening days in France, Hong Kong and Panama (where it also took the record as the biggest opening day of all time).

In France, it has tallied $6.1M in 3 days and in Russia, the Dinosaur romp grossed $5.2M in 2 days. Mexico has grabbed $5.1M in one-day (including previews) while Korea racked up $4.7M in 2 days. Down Under in Australia, Jurassic World was good for $4.6M in two days.

Germany has nabbed an estimated $4.1M in 2 days while Taiwan rallied with $3.8M in one day (includes previews). JW has made its presence known in other markets in its two-days in: India ($2.7M); Malaysia ($2.7M); Brazil ($2.3M); Italy ($2.2M) and in Spain where it has landed $2M in only one day.

Source: http://deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-international-box-office-launch-china-1201441355/

Edited by Mad Trials 23
  • Like 5

Very nice. It should see a sharp saturday increase in most markets. So I would say another 150m will happen. So around 280m+ OS weekend and 200m+ domestic for sure.

This isn't as big as it seems. I mean is supermassive but getting a 280M OS OW with almost 100M coming from China and opening everywhere (except for Japan) means it would only do 180M in the rest of the territories, which is a farcry from the 314M DH2 made on OW (it didnt open in China on OW) and less than AoU. Its good to make this observation because of the end result: I see OS ending around 820-830M.

Edited by James
  • Like 2

The audiences' impressions have been very good so far. The storyline of theme park, adventure, action-thriller, dinosaurs, attracts wide range of audiences; kids, adults, elders, both male and female. This can be a movie for the whole family. Everything is perfect for JW to perform incredibly well and has a good chance eyeing several records.

This isn't as big as it seems. I mean is supermassive but getting a 280M OS OW with almost 100M coming from China and opening everywhere (except for Japan) means it would only do 180M in the rest of the territories, which is a farcry from the 314M DH2 made on OW (it didnt open in China on OW) and less than AoU. Its good to make this observation because of the end result: I see OS ending around 820-830M.

I agree. I see it finish around 800m at best. I am expecting legs to be strong(unlike AOU). That is incredible for this movie. its WW total will be close to AOU for sure.

• Like 1

Friday was the biggest ever for any movie internationally with 58.4m. Saturday will set record again, 90m would be amazing but it may not happen as 21 markets just opened Friday where Sat increases will be muted.

Still think 700~800m OS depending on legs (and weekend actuals).

Seems JW just overperforming in US/CA with a relatively low OS ratio in these days. 460~500/740~800 meaning just 62% OS ratio.

Edited by firedeep

maybe it has great legs OS, just wait and see, this could surprise and became the biggest hit of the year. With that opening, some decent legs will take this movie to huge numbers, i expect it to hold much better than A:AOU of FF7 (wich will be tough to surprass as it open really huge everywhere also)