baumer

Weds numbers (full numbers on pg 8)

14+ is in play. Wednesday was 35% ahead of Thor 2. That same percentage over Thor 2's weekend would be $15m.

I'm thinking a harsher drop than Thor 2 might be in order today. 14 million would be really great. That would put it at 145 million by the end of the weekend.

that drop is normal for Thanksgiving weekend. 

OK.

I said a fantastic Wed. If it has a modest drop today and 14-15 million is in play, that will be a rather good hold.

Edited by MrPink

So...congrats to Interstellar for being able to hit a 3x multiplier by the end of the weekend. 

I didn't even think it would get that in its entire run.

• Like 2

So, Wednesday numbers suck all around, this Thanksgiving weekend will almost definitely trail last year by a hell of a lot.

Judging by the difference between early numbers and final numbers, looks like late evening business fell off for all movies. Today will be worse. Hopefully business picks up on Friday.

What exactly makes something an unnecessary sequel?  Is it unnecessary because it came in soft on it's opening day?  Is this what you base it on?  What sequel is deemed necessary then?  I would assume anything that makes good on its opening day.

digital-forsight-graphic.jpg

• Like 1

So, Wednesday numbers suck all around, this Thanksgiving weekend will almost definitely trail last year by a hell of a lot.

Judging by the difference between early numbers and final numbers, looks like late evening business fell off for all movies. Today will be worse. Hopefully business picks up on Friday.

Considering the number of stores opening today at 5-6PM, I expect Thursday drops to be pretty rough but Friday increases to be bigger than usual

Horrible Bosses 2 is an unnecessary  sequel so that is why it is not doing that great. Even then, holiday legs should still carry it to a 80-90m total. 

I knew one of these holiday comedies wouldnt hit 100m. I thought it would be D&D2, it still could be but maybe that has enough left in the tank to crawl over the threshold. 

• Like 1

What exactly makes something an unnecessary sequel?  Is it unnecessary because it came in soft on it's opening day?  Is this what you base it on?  What sequel is deemed necessary then?  I would assume anything that makes good on its opening day.

digital-forsight-graphic.jpg

Creatively speaking, the first one didn't set up a sequel, really.

Second, where were the masses that were begging for a sequel here, relative to other comedies?

• Like 1