Sign in to follow this  
grey ghost

Ant-Man OVER 500 m WW club

Reasons:

1) The Marvel brand is at its strongest level yet.

2) If they can sell Raccoons in space then Ant-Man is an easy sell.

3) Ant-Man has a stronger cast than GotG.

4) Ant-Man should get a healthy Avengers bump from Age of Ultron.

5) July 17th is arguably a better release date than GotG.

6) There aren't too many superhero movies to complete with.

So who's in?

IN

Mulder

Ray G

Infernus

The Stingray

treeroy

pepsa

grey ghost

Snoopy of Suburbia

acetabulum7

Sorcerer Supreme (Olive)

James

OUT

Ethan Hunt

Clef Ment

Edited by grey ghost

Definitely IN. 500M seems quite a possible, if not a very easy, WW total for this. Few are those who think this won't be able to cross 200m domestic. I personally expect something around 215-220m. Since the forign market (China anyone?) Is heartily embracing marvel's superhero flicks and since it will be receieving a healthy boost from the near-definite top grosser of the next year (WW) - Avengers 2, around 300m OS should not really be that tough. So yeah I am positively IN.

Oh and also- Ethan says he is out of the club. Need you reason more for joining?

• Like 1

In.

Marvel is invincible. Despite the major production issues, I don't see this not being a hit.

Thor did 450M 3 years ago and since Avengers, I don't think any Marvel film will do less than that.

• Like 1

This is the first movie post-TA2. Of course, this is not Iron Man, but that factor should definitely help Ant-man to make good numbers. Will it reach $500m? I think it has definitely chances. But I need a trailer to know what can I expect. For the moment I say 450-550  :ph34r: . I will decide if I am in the club later.

OUT

150/290/440M

Can is just say that with only 290M OS all makerts will have to be realy weak. China will give it alteast 100M I am even thinking about 120M for now.

Btw: I am IN

Edited by pepsa

I honestly think that Ant-Man's going to be pretty bad and even I think this club's an easy In.

In

What ever GotG made WW. 

You really think it's going to match GotG? That means being above Captain America 2 and Thor 2, both well-established sequels to core Avengers characters. GotG was a breakout hit; while future 'original' MCU films should all be doing very well, I don't think you can expect them all to go as high as GotG. That didn't get nearly 800M from simply being a Marvel movie, otherwise Thor 2 would have got there as well. It also mattered that it was well-liked, was a big spectacle film, and felt original.

• Like 1

I'm in. But I feel like I just went all in with QJ-os before the flop. I'm Gritting my teeth on this.

My Spidey sense is tingling danger on this bet. I know GOTG did great with a less known cast but I'm not sure how Ant-Man will stack up. No trailers yet. Not as much general excitement on the interwebs as GOTG (IMHO). It's a tough call. I'm going all in on this based on the strength of the Marvel brand and vision, The casting and the synopsis saying this will be a heist move. I think Ant-Man as a straight up super hero flick would be a hard sell. The heist idea is great. I love that marvel is making nontraditional super hero movies as with Winter Soldier being a spy thriller. That's a great direction. 

So like I said.....I'm in - but ------

gif_600x338_7e9ad6.gif

• Like 3

In. the Marvel brand is insane right now and even if it's not great, it will be coming off AoU. which looks like it could be the best one yet.

• Like 1

It depends because China can like do 70 million and 500 million easily happens then. 

• Like 1