kayumanggi

SOUTHPAW | 07.24.15 | The Weinstein Company | final domestic gross: $52,421,953

Looks like Jake's performance has tremendous potential from the trailer but the rest looks a bit too cheesy and over the top. Could be different when its seen as part of the whole movie though.

Also, I have never seen 50 Cent give a good acting performance and he doesnt look any better from those clips.

I would have loved to see them fill those roles with different actors. Maybe Denzel Washington or De Niro instead of Whittaker, and Terence Howar instead of 50 Cent.

Edited by RaidensSword

Moves up a week. So now we have Pan, Pixels, Paper Towns and Southpaw (Damn you Southpaw for spoiling the 3Ps)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just call it PAW.

I was interested in this since it's Jyllenhaal, but I just saw the trailer and it looks pretty bad. Also why did he decide it would be a good idea to use a voice which is completely unintelligble?

His best performance is still Jack Twist. In a sense, it's a shame that he got overshadowed so badly by Ledger, since Gyllenhaal is fantastic in it, but Ledger completely deserved the attention and awards he got, since it's a truly astonishing performance (and is better than Jake).