Heretic

Mockingjay Part 1 vs Deathly Hallows Part 1

DH1 or MJ1?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• DH1
    • MJ1

DH1, easily.

It's the best Potter film in the series in my eyes, and unlike MJ1, it had a lot of plot and story. The cinematography was beautiful, and character relations deepened and matured, and the story was really gripping. Very few faults, and some scenes were so hauntingly beautiful. 

I love CF and THG, but MJ1 gets a B-/C+ for me. The story was paper-thin and weak. Katniss is a great protagonist, but Gale and Peeta are as bland as they come. It doesn't help that Liam's performance was just as bland.

• Like 4

DH1, easily.

It's the best Potter film in the series in my eyes, and unlike MJ1, it had a lot of plot and story. The cinematography was beautiful, and character relations deepened and matured, and the story was really gripping. Very few faults, and some scenes were so hauntingly beautiful. 

I love CF and THG, but MJ1 gets a B-/C+ for me. The story was paper-thin and weak. Katniss is a great protagonist, but Gale and Peeta are as bland as they come. It doesn't help that Liam's performance was just as bland.

Liam's performance was far from bland. Mockingjay is better than it's two predacesors. It really is. They just take it up a leval emotionally. The movue definetly benifits from having no games and being able to focus more on Katniss and her emotional.confliction.

DH1, easily.

I agree with what you said about MJ1.   For me both of these were a step down from the rest of the series.

DH1, easily.

^This