A Marvel Fanboy

Dreamworks Animation: What Went Wrong?

Oriental DreamWorks locates Shanghai base

The plan for the project is to build on DWA's strength in the region by making films specifically aimed at auds in China, producing original Chinese animated and live-action content for distribution both within China and in other worldwide territories. The goal is to release one animated film each year starting in 2016, and two annually after 2018.

• Like 1

Given that DWA releases up to 3 films a year, it might be tricky for SPA to get a look in, I imagine the studio won't shutdown but it'll mostly deal with hybrids like The Smurfs as well as their deal with Aardman.I'm surprised DWA didn't go with Warner Bros given that their animation studios doesn't seem to release animated films.

Edited by Jonwo

I just don't understand why Paramount, who not only no longer has Marvel Studios and Dreamworks Pictures, but a number of in-house projects that have either been delayed or going through a lot of trouble, won't just stick with DWA considering they've been the only bit of positive news for them lately.Obviously I know it's just a bit of tension between Katzenberg and Paramount but you'd think they'd just stick it out...

Edited by creolepaladin