grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

imo the minimum global cume is looking around

150 Dom

215 China

185 CurrentOS-China

30 Germany+Japan (12.5+17.5)

= 580

It could do 5-10 more in each of those 4 categories for 20-40 more and 600-620 ww.

At these estimates the movie will finish with an approximate profit of 160-200 million. Nice haul!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Green245 said:

At these estimates the movie will finish with an approximate profit of 160-200 million. Nice haul!

I don't know about what numbers but it will definitely be making a nice profit.

Always fun to remember how many people thought it would do meh numbers or even outright flop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Always fun to remember how many people thought it would do meh numbers or even outright flop.

Those people are eating humble pie! Some even thought it would be outgrossed by The Post!

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

The more I think about this movie the more I like it.

One thing that is a huge factor in my enjoyment of the film was that the pacing was so damn good. It didn't feel like a 2 hour and 20 minute film. Felt way way shorter. 

it ain't perfected (cheesy dialogue, generic villain, and sappy love story) but it was a hell of a fun time. 

8.1/10

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

That it is. People were poking fun at the posters so much.

Doesn't matter though. They've been dining on crow ever since.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Either Godzilla or Shazam will be next year's WB film to hit that mark.

Shazam doesn't really count as its just another film in the DC series.

Somehow I don't think the 6 million dollar man film is gonna be the one to do it next year lol. I would like to see that succeed though, not sure what kind of budget the movie is.

WB actually has a really strong lineup next year. Lego Movie 2, which should do much better than Batman. Godzilla 2, should be on par with the first one. Minecraft not sure if that is gonna happen but if it does, could be similar numbers to Angry Birds I would think? Then they also have Shazam, Wonder Woman 2, and It 2. should be a decent year.

• Like 2

So a WB movie in RPO got its legs clipped thanks partially to a new WB movie in RAMPAGE. Good job WB. 

(Granted the Quiet elephant in the room is the bigger culprit here but still.)

4 minutes ago, RRA said:

So a WB movie in RPO got its legs clipped thanks partially to a new WB movie in RAMPAGE. Good job WB. 

(Granted the Quiet elephant in the room is the bigger culprit here but still.)

WB was in a no win situation, keep Rampage in its original date and get slaughtered by Avengers or let RPO take the hit. 

It's still done well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

WB was in a no win situation, keep Rampage in its original date and get slaughtered by Avengers or let RPO take the hit. 

It's still done well.

I'm not questioning its box office. I'm sure its fine. But this does remind me of these damn studios banking so hard on the front loaded OWs that they now drop mega-expensive releases sometimes 2-3 weeks between releases and that can come back to bite them sometimes. 

Going beyond that, its like how home media releases are planned well in advance and yet JUMANJI 2 and GREATEST SHOWMAN were still playing rather well considering their theatrical lifespans when the HM releases came. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It's still done well.

irony is that both RPO and Rampage have been hurt by A Quite Place becoming a surprise big hit.

it's a success for WB.Considering they already want to work together again after RPO

http://deadline.com/2018/04/steven-spielberg-dc-films-blackhawk-1202366545

Spielberg exclaimed, “It was wonderful working with the team at Warner Bros. to bring Ready Player One to the screen.  They bring a blend of passion and professionalism to everything they do and have a tremendous history in this genre.  I am excited to reunite with them on Blackhawk.’”

Emmerich stated, “We are so proud to be the studio behind Steven Spielberg’s latest hit, and are thrilled to be working with him again on this new action adventure.  We can’t wait to see what new ground he will break in introducing Blackhawk to movie audiences worldwide.”

Who says RPO will flop one month ago?

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 2