grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Spielberg's schyzophrenia is getting worse.

Between his grandad movies and his CGI technological movies, it seems he has lost a plot.

He badly needs an intervention.

I'm sure he is devastated that he flippantly shoots a best picture for shits and giggles in between brushing his teeth and eating breakfast while working in post on a big budget sci-fi movie.  

• Like 25

The trailer debuted on the live stream and have to say the CGI looks amazing. They do seem to playing up the real world is crap aspect. Can't believe WB allowed them to reference a Marvel character and not a DC one.

Here's the trailer:

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 6

Why is Mark Rylance wearing a mop on his head?

Also, looks much better than the previous trailer. Evil Mendelsohn is always fun, and the plot seems pretty entertaining, and it seems to have more to it than just "I know that thing."

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

MUCH better trailer.  Focuses more on the Easter egg hunt than the “I recognize that!” appeal and it’s far better because of it.  Looks pretty damn solid.

The avatars look a lot better than Alita that's for sure!

Wonder if @ReyReyBattery is taking back what he's said about RPO? 

• Like 2

ok now that is a good trailer for this movie.  The trailer incorporates more of the book even though there are many obviousy changes, but that was to be expected.

I am fully onboard now.  I liked the book and the movie seems to at least be keeping with the main story (even with the changes) and feeling behind the book.

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, snarkmachine said:

The use of 'Jump' as their 80s song is kind of cheesy and terrible. Couldn't they get the rights to a better song? Stranger Things 2 used 80s music much more effectively in their 'Thriller' trailer, and that's a TV show not a Spielberg epic. 

Eh, I thought it enhanced the movie. It made it seem more fun and bouncy.

• Like 1