grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

2 hours ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

The visuals in the club give me AI vibes. Pretty sure that’s a good thing as not enough people realize how terrific AI is.

Yeah loved this film, looking forward for RP1. 2018 shaping up good.

Edited by IronJimbo

I am liking the viral marketing too with the qrc symbol on a car in the trailer leading to a site.  Hidden letters in the title cards of the teaser . Basically it's seems like the Easter egg hunt in the movie

So many references in just the race from the a team van to the Griswold family truckster .  Should be a fun time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

I am liking the viral marketing too with the qrc symbol on a car in the trailer leading to a site.  Hidden letters in the title cards of the teaser . Basically it's seems like the Easter egg hunt in the movie

So many references in just the race from the a team van to the Griswold family truckster .  Should be a fun time 

Really? That's a thing? Nice! I'll research it.

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Really? That's a thing? Nice! I'll research it.

Yeah nothing too spectacular yet but still cool they  went that far with things like that. I think there's a YouTube video with some of the stuff people have found

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 9:35 PM, That One Guy said:

Just noticed that Chucky is in the trailer.

I don't even play Overwatch, yet the Overwatch chick blatantly stares out at me more than anything else. What's the point of this? 

Also did anyone else see Iron Giant, and like, had no emotional reaction at all?

On 12/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, The Shape of Pasta said:

The visuals in the club give me AI vibes. Pretty sure that’s a good thing as not enough people realize how terrific AI is.

That is a movie that got reevaluated fairly quickly:

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_allfilms_table.php

Already in the top 50 of the most acclaimed movie of the 21th century.

• Astonished 1

The guys in front of me in Star Wars line tonight were talking about how the film looked like a "nostalgia cash grab" and that if Spielberg wasn't involved they'd skip it.

I've been thinking a lot about this movie, and I don't feel it will break out. The second trailer felt underwhelming; like, once they explained the plot, I was like "that's it? It's Willy Wonka? That... nice."  It feels like a soon to be a cult classic.  I also am struggling to see how it will attract a female audience.  It feels very male, so I'm not getting the 'female empowerment' vibe.  That leaves us with: I don't see anything to thirst over or to ship from the trailer, to be completely shallow & stereotypical.  

On 12/12/2017 at 2:38 PM, The Shape of Pasta said:

Thank you! You’re right, not many do. But it’s a great movie :P 

Sure can’t wait to see this film... both trailers have me excited. I can’t wait!

https://redd.it/7j4m70

Classic example of hate circlejerk , nitpick at how shallow of a cashgrab is while you wait for your monthly vanilla Disney fare. 

Maybe some guys just wanna see some inter IP Super Smash shit (and I guess this is the only close to 4 quad family movie around its release time)

Edited by NamakFiskKa

I hope Spielberg still has it in him to make a sci-fi epic that impacts generations and is remembered decades later, like E.T., Jurassic Park and Close Encounters.

Minority Report, War of the Worlds, and AI were fun but not top tier Spielberg

I'm rooting for RP1.