Quigley

Friday numbers: THG3 - 6.8, HB2 - 2.8, PoM - 2.6 (weekend actuals on p12)

That Australia opening is a bad omen for North America.

Meh, NA has lots of religious groups that will run and see it for the first two days or so before word gets around that it's not that flattering to the actual biblical story.

• Like 1

Looks like MJ1 could actually fall short of $750m worldwide. :ph34r:

I ve said this since the OW of MJ1 and I was mocked for overraction, the movie will struggle to do the 700m ww of the first film.

Asia just don't care about Katniss. See the WW total of Interstellar without China and SOuth Korea to see what I mean.

Actually, it would be funny to do a top 30 WW without China to see how it changes perspectives on who did what this year and the trend of the importance of China 's numbers will continue ...

Edited by The Futurist

I ve said this since the OW of MJ1 and I was mocked for overraction, the movie will struggle to do the 700m ww of the first film.

Asia just don't care about Katniss. See the WW total of Interstellar without China and SOuth Korea to see what I mean.

Actually, it would be funny to do a top 30 WW without China to see how it changes perspectives on who did what this year and the trend of the importance of China 's numbers wil continue ...

Take away the Chinese market and many films would fall 50-120 million dollars. 

Actually, it would be funny to do a top 30 WW without China to see how it changes perspectives on who did what this year and the trend of the importance of China 's numbers wil continue ...

Yeah, but looking at this year's chart, even if you take China out from TF4 and leave the China gross to all the other movies, TF4 was still the biggest movie OS. Just goes to show what a true brand means when it comes to OS numbers.

• Like 3

Mj1: Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:  $257,700,000    46.0%Foreign:  $302,800,000    54.0% = Worldwide:  $560,500,000

Interstellar : 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $158,657,000    26.8%Foreign:  $434,400,000    73.2% = Worldwide:  $593,057,000  

GOTG: 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $332,215,000    43.0%Foreign:  $439,600,000    57.0% = Worldwide:  $771,815,000  

Maze Runner: 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $101,356,000    30.3%Foreign:  $233,244,000    69.7% = Worldwide:  $334,600,000