Quigley

Friday numbers: THG3 - 6.8, HB2 - 2.8, PoM - 2.6 (weekend actuals on p12)

I'm still really disappointed with Penguins run :( I think that film deserves more than it is getting. I can't complain about the rest of the Box Office, and applaud MJ1 fully; I mean, wasn't that movie "supposed" to have worse WOM than CF? And it's drops are very similar... congratulations!

MJ v GOTG... who DOESN'T agree that this is getting interesting? ;)

• Like 1

Interstellar

2.2m

3.6m +65%

2.2m -40%

8m We, 158.6m Cume 

Skyfall went +61% Sat, -47.4% Sun.  I can see IS falling harder than 40% as well, 7.7-7.8M weekend.  With 7.7M, it will gain a bit on Skyfall's OD multiplier and be at 18.6% ahead on Sunday, which would have it on pace for 184M.  Its been trending steadily upward throughout the run thus far.

• Like 1

Skyfall went +61% Sat, -47.4% Sun.  I can see IS falling harder than 40% as well, 7.7-7.8M weekend.  With 7.7M, it will gain a bit on Skyfall's OD multiplier and be at 18.6% ahead on Sunday, which would have it on pace for 184M.  Its been trending steadily upward throughout the run thus far.

analyze MJ1 please.

• Like 2

I'm still really disappointed with Penguins run :( I think that film deserves more than it is getting. I can't complain about the rest of the Box Office, and applaud MJ1 fully; I mean, wasn't that movie "supposed" to have worse WOM than CF? And it's drops are very similar... congratulations!

Agree with everything except Penguins. I'm glad it's flopping. DreamWorks should get the message that we want high-quality storytelling like Pixar. Not crappy pop culture references and reliance and on popular actors for the voicing cast (among many others).

• Like 1

With Nikki no longer competition Deadline has been getting slower and slower about giving weekend #s.

But recently they have become quite accurate with their estimates. When Nikki was there we would get some wild guesstimates and vodka induced multipliers.

• Like 3

Eh, since the first weekend of MJ1 we've known that GotG will win, and now MJ has no chance. It would need some rare late boost to win the year, like if Jennifer Lawrence died on Friday.

Eh, since the first weekend of MJ1 we've known that GotG will win, and now MJ has no chance. It would need some rare late boost to win the year, like if Jennifer Lawrence died on Friday.

I wish there was a dislike option. That is horrible to post.

Anyway if you look at MJ1 number compared to CF and if 6.8M holds and it does just as well as CF from now onwards it is beating GOTG. FYI for past week it has done better.

I already have said what I would prefer to win as well.

• Like 1

So Variety did butcher the Interstellar number. Looks like $7.5m is the floor and $8m is possible for it this weekend after $2.2m Friday.

yah that was given. Variety is not good at this. No way interstellar would have had that small an increase on friday. Its not as if it lost lot of theaters this weekend.

I wish there was a dislike option. That is horrible to post.

Anyway if you look at MJ1 number compared to CF and if 6.8M holds and it does just as well as CF from now onwards it is beating GOTG. FYI for past week it has done better.

I already have said what I would prefer to win as well.

I'm not saying I want her to die -_- I love jlaw as much as anyone else does. Just sayin it's not gonna beat GotG unless it gets a miracle.

yah that was given. Variety is not good at this. No way interstellar would have had that small an increase on friday. Its not as if it lost lot of theaters this weekend.

I think Poseidon is right. They probably compared this Friday with last Friday and used too much of that in their weekend projection. Big mistake considering how inflated last Friday was for all films.

1). The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (LGF), 4,054 theaters (-97) /$6.65M Fri. (-73%)/ 3-day cume: $22.8M (-60%)/ Total cume: $258M/Wk 3

2). The Penguins Of Madagascar (FOX), 3,775 theaters (11)/ $2.36M Fri.(-77%) / 3-day cume: $10.6M (-58%)/ Total cume: $49.1M / Wk 2

3). Horrible Bosses 2 (WB), 3,400 theaters (+25) / $2.5M Fri. (-60%)/ 3-day cume: $8.6M (-44%)/ Total cume: $36M / Wk 2

4). Big Hero 6 (DIS), 3,168 theaters (-197) / $1.7M Fri.(-78%) / 3-day cume: $7.6M (-60%)/ Total cume: $177.1M /Wk 5

5). Interstellar (PAR), 3,028 theaters (-38) / $2M Fri. (-70%)/ 3-day cume: $7.1M (-55%) / Total cume: $158M / Wk 5

6). Dumb and Dumber To (UNI), 3,086 theaters (-44) / $1.1M Fri. (-67%)/3-day cume: $3.7M (-57%)/ Total cume: $77.4M /Wk 4

7). The Theory Of Everything (FOC), 826 theaters (+24) / $754K Fri.(-61%) / 3-day cume: $2.6M (-48%)/ Total cume: $13.6M / Wk 5

8). Gone Girl (FOX), 1,205 theaters (+31) / $410K Fri. (-59%)/ 3-day cume: $1.4M (-43%)/ Total cume: $162.8M / Wk 10

9/10). Birdman (FSL), 738 theaters (+28) / $297K Fri. (-60%)/3-day cume: $1.1M (-41%)/ Total cume: $18.9M /Wk 8

The Pyramid (FOX), 589 theaters/ $438K Fri. / 3-day cume: $1.1M /Wk 1

Noteable:

Nightcrawler (OPR), 1,257 theaters (+687)/$283K (-15%)/3-day cume: $986K (+17%)/Total cume:$29.9

The Homesman (RSA), 154 theaters (+104) / $154K  Fri. (+95%) / 3-day cume: $573K(+165%) / Total cume: $1.1M / Wk 4

Wild (FSL), 21 theaters / $170K Fri. (+697% over Thursday) / 3-day cume: $560K / Per Screen Avg: $26K/ Total cume: $607K/ Wk 1 Bowed Wednesday

Foxcatcher (SPC), 75 theaters (+3) / $127K Fri. / 3-day cume: $461K (-55%)/ Total Cume: $2.7M/ Wk 4

The Imitation Game (TWC), 8 theaters (+4)  / $108K Fri. (-40%)/ 3-day cume: $392K (-18%)/ Per Screen Avg: $49K/ Total cume: $1M/ Wk 2
  • Like 2