rukaio101

CAYOM Year 10 Advanced Schedule

Honestly, either Scar or Seussical should move to Christmas weekend. Not only do they have to face two pretty ambitious movies (RESTART is definitely going to be epic, and anyone who read Julius Caesar in Year 7 knows how good Numbers' historical epics are), but they have 2 animated movies coming out on the 11th, one a giant ensemble Lord/Miller comedy and a sequel to a very successful Year 9 film.

The duck project isn't really a sequel (the true Scrooge McDuck sequel is still scheduled in Year 12) but it takes place in the same universe.

Honestly, either Scar or Seussical should move to Christmas weekend. Not only do they have to face two pretty ambitious movies (RESTART is definitely going to be epic, and anyone who read Julius Caesar in Year 7 knows how good Numbers' historical epics are), but they have 2 animated movies coming out on the 11th, one a giant ensemble Lord/Miller comedy and a sequel to a very successful Year 9 film.

I find it adorable you think anything is going to be able to stand up to Scar considering how much pull the Lion King has among the GA. 

Putting it bluntly, Scar is the strongest movie in December. I could probably put it anywhere I want and it'd likely be a success. It's your animated movies that need to be wary. 

To be honest, I'm not worried about Scar. My plan is this year is to write Chuck/Liam and RESTART first since they both HAVE to be released in Year 10 since they're what I like to call "anniversary specials." If necessary, I'll slot RESTART in summer if we run out of movie dates.

RESTART will probably be done being written by the end of Q1, but I like the date I have it at right now anyway (and to be antagonistic once in this post, Rukaio could probably get away with releasing Scar in summer as well, but it's whatever :P)

Also... just out of curiosity, is Scar live-action? Cause I wanna know how you're gonna make that work :P

I find it adorable you think anything is going to be able to stand up to Scar considering how much pull the Lion King has among the GA.

Putting it bluntly, Scar is the strongest movie in December. I could probably put it anywhere I want and it'd likely be a success. It's your animated movies that need to be wary.

That's if it's any good. ;)

And to be honest the main reason Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid did so well was mainly because they were either a continuation or a faithful remake of the original. Scar is a prequel like YZMA, and while I can definitely agree that The Lion King has more GA pull than The Emperor's New Groove, it's not gonna be this monstrous behemoth you hype it to be.

Also, another issue I have with Scar (a really dumb issue, just a warning) is that it might muck up the rights I'd need for my project for either Y11 or Y12: a Disney villain's Ocean's 11 using both the currently cast Disney villain (Chris Pratt as Gaston, Tilda Swinton as Yzma), and ones not yet used (I have Scar, Cruella, and Captain Hook in my very very preliminary outline).

Basically, it'd be a heist movie about them trying to take Mickey's hat and it'd be badass imo

• Like 1

RESTART will probably be done being written by the end of Q1, but I like the date I have it at right now anyway (and to be antagonistic once in this post, Rukaio could probably get away with releasing Scar in summer as well, but it's whatever :P)

I know. I could get away with releasing it pretty much anywhere. I just like the date I have it at right now.  :P

Seriously though, at the moment I'm really just leaning back and waiting to see how things go elsewhere. I may move if I see a good spot I can take full advantage of.

Also... just out of curiosity, is Scar live-action? Cause I wanna know how you're gonna make that work :P

It's live-action with motion capture around the faces. Like how Smaug was done in the Hobbit films. Should get some technical noms.

That's if it's any good. ;)

And to be honest the main reason Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid did so well was mainly because they were either a continuation or a faithful remake of the original. Scar is a prequel like YZMA, and while I can definitely agree that The Lion King has more GA pull than The Emperor's New Groove, it's not gonna be this monstrous behemoth you hype it to be.

Tell that to Maleficent. A prequel with mixed reviews at best and it's currently one of the highest grossing this year. And I'd say Lion King has more pull than Sleeping Beauty. And I like to think I've got a good reputation when it comes to blockbusters in this game.

Also, another issue I have with Scar (a really dumb issue, just a warning) is that it might muck up the rights I'd need for my project for either Y11 or Y12: a Disney villain's Ocean's 11 using both the currently cast Disney villain (Chris Pratt as Gaston, Tilda Swinton as Yzma), and ones not yet used (I have Scar, Cruella, and Captain Hook in my very very preliminary outline).

You're welcome to use Tom Hiddlestone as Scar if you want. I've no issue with it. It sounds fun.

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 1

I am planning on writing most of this stuff over Christmas vacations. When is the first quarter planned to start and end? 

I think we agreed we're switching to thirds this year. First third will start once the Oscars are finished so probably around the 21st, maybe a bit earlier. I'm thinking we should have maybe 2 1/2 weeks time to work, with maybe half a week extension, just to put a bit more pressure on people to finish on time. We've got time to discuss that though.

Is Primeval based on the TV show? I loved that TV show. 

Yes it is and so do I.

• Like 1

Unless Scar is going to have human characters in it I don't see the point in making it live-action since all the characters would be CGI anyway. A live-action Jungle Book for example makes sense since the main character is a little kid but The Lion King has no human characters.

Edited by Chr1stm4s C00k13

It's live-action with motion capture around the faces. Like how Smaug was done in the Hobbit films. Should get some technical noms.

You're welcome to use Tom Hiddlestone as Scar if you want. I've no issue with it. It sounds fun.

Hmm... interesting. Like to see how it'd turn out. :)

And Hiddleston? Good choice; he was actually in mind for my heist flick (either Hiddleston or Fassbender). But yeah, my heist flick will either be Y11 or Y12. Only reason I don't know Y11 for sure is because IDK if I want Aladdin and the heist movie in the same year :)

It will be split into parts or it will be an around 4 hour film your choice.

I was in Seussical and the play itself has no reason to be 2.5 hours. There's a lot of filler that would easily be cut out in an adaptation

Hmm... interesting. Like to see how it'd turn out. :)

And Hiddleston? Good choice; he was actually in mind for my heist flick (either Hiddleston or Fassbender). But yeah, my heist flick will either be Y11 or Y12. Only reason I don't know Y11 for sure is because IDK if I want Aladdin and the heist movie in the same year :)

I was in Seussical and the play itself has no reason to be 2.5 hours. There's a lot of filler that would easily be cut out in an adaptation

My adaption will not follow the play very closely, it features the same characters, some of the same songs, and some of the same plot. But it will also be new songs and some tweaking done to the story.