The Stingray

It Follows | Horror | Feb. 2015

Sequel talk.

Radius-TWC co-president Tom Quinn on idea for title:

“I don’t want to give away too much, but we’ve thought about it (a sequel)...Flip the title. There’s so much you could do.”

FOLLOW IT?

EW speculating on potential plot:

...the plot could have characters tracing their partners’ sexual histories to track the curse’s origin (while evading the killer creature), which would give the movie a strong allegorical element similar to the first film’s. The original’s heroine, Jay, or possibly an entirely new lead would have to take a literal journey through the messy ties of past sexual partners, a task that undoubtedly comes with its own lessons and parallels to the titular “it.”

I'm all for a sequel if the director manages to create the same kind of atmosphere as this one.  

I'm also ok with there not being a sequel as this about as perfect a film as you can make,

• Like 2

Only fell 19.4% to $2,027,000 this weekend despite losing 22 theaters. $11,798,000 to date.

Its PTA was only $1,211 at 1,633 sites this weekend though, and with 4 new releases this week it will likely hemorrhage theaters on Friday. Hopefully this can somehow leg it to $20 million.