Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

9 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Here's a little trivia: Back in the day when I posted at RT, I used too propped AVP up quite a bit, referring to Paul WS Anderson as Paul "The Man" Anderson cause I too thought the movie was good at that time for a "VS" movie.. Problem was, was that I predicted 250-300M Domestic for the movie and it barely scratched a 100M Domestic, maybe less, if I'm not mistaken.. I ultimately was banned from RT because of this.. LOL!! :rofl: I trolled like no other back in 2004 at RT..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJsHfa4QwwE

when i saw the above trailer i thought the same as you. Now i just shake my head at mine and the films stupidity

• Like 1

Watched it on early screening. Ridley made 100% his personal movie, like it or not. Overall I liked it. I would say audience reactions will be very mixed, even more mixed than Prometheus. Audience reaction at my screening was mixed. There are some really weird story decisions and scenes, and questionable plot twists, especially in the third act. In some places it transforms into dark comedy and self-parody, like Ridley knew he can't scare an audience, so he decided to make them laugh. It's not a huge improvement over Prometheus like some people claim, I'm not sure if there's any improvement over Prometheus at all. Well, I liked Prometheus and I think I liked it more than Covenant. But everyone will decided for themselves when they watch it if it's better or not.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 7

Prometheus was goofy because you had smart people behaving like drunk college students at a frat party.  Cat calling an alien species?  Really?  Trying to pet it like a dog?  Really?

But that still doesn't keep me out of the theater to see this one.  It looks fun, hopefully Scott delivers.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Prometheus was goofy because you had smart people behaving like drunk college students at a frat party.  Cat calling an alien species?  Really?  Trying to pet it like a dog?  Really?

But that still doesn't keep me out of the theater to see this one.  It looks fun, hopefully Scott delivers.

Let s take off our Space Helmets on a remote planet billions of miles away from home.

:sparta:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

There are some completely insane moments in Covenant, more insane than the most questionable moments in Prometheus. Prometheus' tone was stable. In Covenant it changes from serious to comedy. I'm not sure if audience digs it, but looks like critics mostly dig it. It's also big F..k You to Prometheus ending and those who liked Prometheus.

Edited by Firepower

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Let s take off our Space Helmets on a remote planet billions of miles away from home.

:sparta:

My friend is outside our safe capsule and his legs are bent over his shoulders and he is crawling towards us....let's bring him in.  Nothing could be wrong with him.