Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Robin Hood was he on;y bad one. Body of Lies wasn't his best, but was good. American Gangster was fantastic never watched A Good Year, KoH the director's cut was the way to go. He had 3 great movies from 2000-2001. He is not perfect but much better than most A-list directors.

Robin Hood wasn't necessarily bad, just kinda surprising that Ridley Scott would make a movie on Robin Hood. Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut is an extroardinary film(I don't think I've ever seen a director's cut so drastically change a film), and I think American Gangster was one of his best.

Robin Hood was he only bad one. Body of Lies wasn't his best, but was good. American Gangster was fantastic never watched A Good Year, KoH the director's cut was the way to go. He had 3 great movies from 2000-2001. He is not perfect but much better than most A-list directors.

Hannibal was really, really shitty.
  • Like 2

Lindelof said he probably wouldn't come back for the sequel even before release. And I find it funny people who were expecting something else are blaming Lindelof. He was nothing more than a "yes man" on Prometheus. Ridley Scott had full control on this and had the final say on everything.

Oh I'm fully aware of that. It's just easier to attack someone responsible for Lost then someone responsible for Alien & Blade Runner (even if it was a lifetime ago).

He was also the one that initially decided not to persue the Alien prequel, Lindelof had nothing to do with the decision. I hope Prometheus 2 moves even further away from Alien to piss these fuckheads off even more.

Myself I'm past giving a shit. Alien franchise is long dead and Prom was just the final nail. Nothing and no one can bring it back now. So I'm just hoping for some more laughs from whatever comes next.

It doesn't even matter if Lindelof comes back, Scott has said he already has an overall road map for it.

And it's undoubtedly one hell of a bumpy road.

Myself I'm past giving a shit. Alien franchise is long dead and Prom was just the final nail. Nothing and no one can bring it back now. So I'm just hoping for some more laughs from whatever comes next.

Alien was dead when Alien 4 killed it and the AVP films dragged it through the streets. This is why Scott opted out of the Alien prequel. The original script was nothing but eggs, facehuggers, and xenomorphs with an Engineer cameo. Ho ho ho! Edited by Shpongle

Alien was dead when Alien 4 killed it and the AVP films dragged it through the streets.

A:R while bad, wasn't bad enough to kill a saga with such (former) masterminds behind it. AvPs were spin-offs and as such, easy to write off as failed experiments.

The original script was nothing but eggs, facehuggers, and xenomorphs

So much better than their pitiful derivatives that the actual movie offered.

IMO Prometheus wasnt awful, per se, just forgettable, confusing and uninteresting

It was confusing because there was no reason to it. If you try to make sense of the film, you just get frustrated because you're putting more thought into it than the writer did.I will pass on the sequel, although I am not surprised it is being made. I expect it will do considerably less than the first film, though, due to very mixed WOM.

Prometheus was awful.I watched all the previous Alien movies just before, and it paled horribly in comparison. It was just so boring and uneventful

While I definitely agree it was p. shitty, saying it was boring/uneventful frankly I find puzzling. If anything, I'd say too many plot lines were shoe-horned into it without allowing characters to develop and events to have the proper impact on the rest of the story. i guess boredom could result from not being attached to any member of the crew but certainly not from the lack of stuff happening.

While I definitely agree it was p. shitty, saying it was boring/uneventful frankly I find puzzling. If anything, I'd say too many plot lines were shoe-horned into it without allowing characters to develop and events to have the proper impact on the rest of the story. i guess boredom could result from not being attached to any member of the crew but certainly not from the lack of stuff happening.

I don't know. Not much did really happen. At least, compared to the Alien movies.

I look forward to seeing where Scott is going with this story. I liked Promethius, but it definitely had a couple of WTF! moments. The two scientist getting lost was just stupid story telling. Shaw being able to get up and start walking and then running around with very little trouble after just having major abdominal surgery was kinda funny; and not in a good way funny. Also, I would like to know how we go from the giant face hugger and Xeno in the movie to the smaller face hugger and Xeno we know from Alien and Aliens.