Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

6 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Is this going to feature Noomi Rapace or Sigourney Weaver? 

It takes place 10 years after Prometheus. Not sure what their explanation will be for why she isn't around anymore.

Prometheus takes place 31 years before Alien, so Ripley would have been a little kid at the time which means she's gonna be a little too young to be involved in these prequel movies. Not to mention that none of the characters in Alien had ever heard of or seen an alien before. 

• Like 1

I had myself a nice Aliens marathon this last weekend and I have to rate the movies this way:

1. Alien (A)

2. Aliens (A-)

3. Prometheus (B+)

4. Alien : Resurrection (B-)

5. Alien3 (C-)

I'd rate AvP B+ and AvP 2 C+

• Like 2

On 26 de abril de 2016 at 10:16 AM, Macleod said:

"Ridley demanded Neil not make our Alien first because he knows it would generate much more public interest and make audiences forget about any "Prometheus" film.  We have an awesome script, a more authentic sequel to the original two films.  But we're barred from shooting because Ridley strong-armed his way into a Producer credit for our film, and we have to wait until he finishes his shitty film.  But fuck Ridley, we're going to shoot this fucker no matter what, even if we have to wait until he dies."

God is real. Hail Scott.

1 hour ago, Charism said:

Directors cut or theatrical? DC is much, much better.

I don't know which version I watched to be honest.  The CGI is really bad, B-movie level.  The acting from the prisoners borders parody level.

I love Alien and Aliens.  They are so different, but work incredibly well as a complete story.  I still ship Ellen/Dwayne and it has been how many years?  Yeah, I'm still bitter.  I just happily pretend the other movies don't exist.  I finally did watch Prometheus, and I think it says something that I was rooting for an alien to come kill everyone.  Apparently, in the future, we become blindingly stupid. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, langer said:

I don't know which version I watched to be honest.  The CGI is really bad, B-movie level.  The acting from the prisoners borders parody level.

Well, theatrical has an alien coming from dog, DC has xenomorph coming from some bison like creature. ;)

15 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I wish there had been a threequel that beautifully gave closure to the awesomeness that was Alien and Aliens. Too bad that what we got was Alien3. 

I once read an article that argued that Alien 3 was a perfectly good monster movie that somehow got turned into a terrible part of a franchise.  That kind of made sense to me.  I remember leaving the theater and just wondering, what the hell were they thinking?

• Like 2