Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

11 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

http://theplaylist.net/exclusive-katherine-waterstons-role-alien-covenant-revealed-actress-joins-logan-lucky-20160609/

Katherine Waterson's role in this has been revealed, apparently she's playing

Reveal hidden contents

All I can say is really?

Is there a "Dislike" button here?

4 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I wish there was, because this sounds so slap-worthy.

Agreed.

Spoiler

Why do they have to be related? Makes me appreciate Prometheus even more. Assuming Rapace won't get retconned as a relative of Ripley or whomever. :lol:

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Agreed.

Hide contents

Why do they have to be related? Makes me appreciate Prometheus even more. Assuming Rapace won't get retconned as a relative of Ripley or whomever. :lol:

Spoiler

I'm not even sure they'll address Shaw in this sequel. She'll probably be dropped altogether, save for maybe a mention.

And I don't necessarily think this idea is terrible, I just don't approve of it. It made sense in something like Alien: Isolation, here it kinda feels a bit like pandering.

Scott, though still retaining a lot of power in the industry, is clearly feeling the FOX pressure here based on the middling performance of Prometheus.  There's clearly a directional push down the exit lane towards Alien territory by connecting it not only through title and creatures now, but apparently more (as above).  Yet Scott and his ego were able to muscle Blomkamp's film out of the way...too bad, I'm much more interested in that one.

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Scott, though still retaining a lot of power in the industry, is clearly feeling the FOX pressure here based on the middling performance of Prometheus.  There's clearly a directional push down the exit lane towards Alien territory by connecting it not only through title and creatures now, but apparently more (as above).  Yet Scott and his ego were able to muscle Blomkamp's film out of the way...too bad, I'm much more interested in that one.

lol

I'm more interested in Blomkamps too but what you're saying isn't true. Plus he just did the Martian which was a Smash hit and Prometheus without being marketed as an alien movie opened over 50m and its R. 

54 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

lol

I'm more interested in Blomkamps too but what you're saying isn't true. Plus he just did the Martian which was a Smash hit and Prometheus without being marketed as an alien movie opened over 50m and its R. 

None of what you said is false, except for you saying what I said wasn't true ;-)    I'd urge you to, if you want to do real research, look back at the past couple of years of Scott quotes about the Prometheus sequel, and see how they change over time, morphing into discussion much more resembling familiar "Alien" territory, and see how Blomkamp/Weaver were also very clear that Scott "wanted his movie to go first."  Promotheus, while generating a strong opening weekend, does not remain in "good standing" relative to its critical and audience reception. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RichWS said:

The Blomkamp project has always seemed like a terrible idea to me. Then again, I'm not really a fan of the guy's work.

I guess it was just the fact that he was the one guy who visually I thought could pull it off. Movie who knows. 

40 minutes ago, Macleod said:

None of what you said is false, except for you saying what I said wasn't true ;-)    I'd urge you to, if you want to do real research, look back at the past couple of years of Scott quotes about the Prometheus sequel, and see how they change over time, morphing into discussion much more resembling familiar "Alien" territory, and see how Blomkamp/Weaver were also very clear that Scott "wanted his movie to go first."  Promotheus, while generating a strong opening weekend, does not remain in "good standing" relative to its critical and audience reception. 

You're assuming it wasn't his idea