Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

On 6/9/2016 at 3:30 PM, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Hide contents

I'm not even sure they'll address Shaw in this sequel. She'll probably be dropped altogether, save for maybe a mention.

And I don't necessarily think this idea is terrible, I just don't approve of it. It made sense in something like Alien: Isolation, here it kinda feels a bit like pandering.

Interesting. Dropping Shaw like a bad habit will be the ultimate in begging the question.

Like, where is she headed? What happens when she gets there? You'd think it would be integral to the story even though Covenant I believe takes place much later. Perhaps we'll see the after effect of her actions from long ago in a cool way. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Given that the film is supposed to wrap-up filming in a few weeks, I'm assuming her role is small.

Yeah, the shoddy grammar here makes no sense -- it's unclear if the reporter means "a week's" worth of scenes (i.e. very little), or "a few weeks"... but given that the schedule seems far along, as you say, then yes, the role is probably small.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Yeah, the shoddy grammar here makes no sense -- it's unclear if the reporter means "a week's" worth of scenes (i.e. very little), or "a few weeks"... but given that the schedule seems far along, as you say, then yes, the role is probably small.

Wouldn't surprise me if they kill her character.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

The only thing I am interested in if this can match the level of stupidity of Prometheus.

Easier said than done.

Game of Thrones last night honored Prometheus by having a character run from impending danger in a straight line

• Like 5

Prometheus?

Not awesome, nor terrible. Just a disappointing and bloated film with a couple of excellent scenes mixed with some awful plot holes, with two strong leads around many embarrasingly developed characters.

Edited by stripe
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I'm glad to see this as her absence was allowing the possibility for the sequel to feel disjointed. Even if it's a small role that serves as a bridging moment I think here character's inclusion is needed. 

• Like 3