Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

3 hours ago, Robot308 said:

Sony should move Life to Mid October. just like hit Sci-fi films like Gravity & The Martian on that month....WB should keep Dunkirk on July 21 & Move Annabelle 2 to August 4

Moving it to mid-October is a terrible idea.  Look at how many older-male targeted movies are released then: Blade Runner, Kingsman, The Snowman, The Commuter, Friday the 13th, Geostorm, and Saw 8.  It's going to get completely lost.  June or August seems like a good bet at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Moving it to mid-October is a terrible idea.  Look at how many older-male targeted movies are released then: Blade Runner, Kingsman, The Snowman, The Commuter, Friday the 13th, Geostorm, and Saw 8.  It's going to get completely lost.  June or August seems like a good bet at the moment.

And maybe My Little Pony has an older male audience too?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Life could go up against Cars 3 on June 16 or move to August 4. Blade Runner may move up to August 4 or move back a month to November 10...we still just don't know....anything can happen...and Geostorm is DOA

Edited by Robot308

Just now, Robot308 said:

Geostorm may move up to that August 4 slot. Life could go up against Cars 3 on June 16 or move to August 4. Blade Runner may move up to August 4 or move back a month to November 10...we still just don't know....anything can happen

I highly doubt Geostorm will move to a prime summer spot.  It's likely gonna flop, so they'll probably want to release it where it's quiet (mid/late October) and won't pick up much media attention.  And yeah, I think Life should go to June 16, but I think something that seems a lot more like a guaranteed tentpole will get the August 4 slot (all we have there right now is Blazing Samurai, All I See is You, and Emoji Movie).  I feel like Warner or Fox will push something to that slot.  And if Blade Runner were to go to November 10, they'd probably only do so if Red Sparrow wasn't gonna make that release date. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I highly doubt Geostorm will move to a prime summer spot.  It's likely gonna flop, so they'll probably want to release it where it's quiet (mid/late October) and won't pick up much media attention.  And yeah, I think Life should go to June 16, but I think something that seems a lot more like a guaranteed tentpole will get the August 4 slot (all we have there right now is Blazing Samurai, All I See is You, and Emoji Movie).  I feel like Warner or Fox will push something to that slot.  And if Blade Runner were to go to November 10, they'd probably only do so if Red Sparrow wasn't gonna make that release date. 

if Fox were to move Red Sparrow to either February or March from November....but that has yet to happen. August 4th seem like a better spot for Life than June 16th...being sandwiched with Wonder Woman, The Mummy & Transformers: The Last Knight is still a bad idea

5 minutes ago, Robot308 said:

if Fox were to move Red Sparrow to either February or March from November....but that has yet to happen. August 4th seem like a better spot for Life than June 16th...being sandwiched with Wonder Woman, The Mummy & Transformers: The Last Knight is still a bad idea

But if Life goes to August, it'll be in a spot that should primarily be reserved for a big tentpole.  Alien was shaping up to be that tentpole, but it moved up.  Life may be a decent sized hit, but it's in no way a tentpole.  And even if it does go there, a bigger movie will just move there anyway and force it out of that release spot altogether.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

But if Life goes to August, it'll be in a spot that should primarily be reserved for a big tentpole.  Alien was shaping up to be that tentpole, but it moved up.  Life may be a decent sized hit, but it's in no way a tentpole.  And even if it does go there, a bigger movie will just move there anyway and force it out of that release spot altogether.

if that happen. Sony has to play there cards right

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

First I have heard of this, and even if true that is exactly why test screenings are done. To find out what is working and what isn't. With 7 months to go, they can now tinker around in the edit.

If you hear that with a month to go, then it is too late.

Aren't people not suppose to say what they thought about a movie when they have seen a test screening of it. 

WTF? August was fine...but whatever..the sooner the better.

Life should move to Cars 3 weekend. Both can co-exist.

Annabelle 2 should move to the weekend after July 1st.

Diary of Wimpy Kid should move to end of August.

Dunkirk should move to 1st weekend of August because that month is barren, but the ego of Chris Nolan and WB will prevent that from happening.

Valerian could benefit by moving to August 1st week. First release it in Europe and Asia on July 21st. If it is good and does well there, they can use all that positive buzz going into America. Kinda like the first Taken.

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

WTF? August was fine...but whatever..the sooner the better.

Life should move to Cars 3 weekend. Both can co-exist.

Annabelle 2 should move to the weekend after July 1st.

Diary of Wimpy Kid should move to end of August.

Dunkirk should move to 1st weekend of August because that month is barren, but the ego of Chris Nolan and WB will prevent that from happening.

Valerian could benefit by moving to August 1st week. First release it in Europe and Asia on July 21st. If it is good and does well there, they can use all that positive buzz going into America. Kinda like the first Taken.

If Annabelle were to do that, it'd have to face off against Spider Man.  I think moving it to either Memorial Day weekend or late July would be the best option.

• Like 1