Noctis

Blockbusters should be nominated more

Yes. The Oscars.

Emma-Stones-Hysterical-Laugh-Gif.gif

All I want from the Oscars is a blockbuster to be nominated for Best Picture, I don't care of what it is, I want equality between Blockbusters and award bate films.

I don't pay much attention to the Oscars, I have no respect for the voters themselves and I don't generally agree with their choices.

Edited by treeroy

The Oscars need to either start acknowledging Blockbusters or they really shouldn't be considered prestigious awards because there is obviously bias towards Award bate type films.

Blockbusters are mostly pitiful so it's well warranted.

That's an opinion which doesn't make it right for the Oscars to ignore Blockbusters.

• Like 1

The Oscars need to either start acknowledging Blockbusters or they really shouldn't be considered prestigious awards because there is obviously bias towards Award bate type films.

That's an opinion which doesn't make it right for the Oscars to ignore Blockbusters.

blockbuster nominated since 2000 of the top of my head

Lord of the Rings trilogy

Inception

Gravity

Toy Story 3

Up. 

Edited by Snoopy of Suburbia
  • Like 5

Ethan, first of all, blockbusters get nominated pretty regularly. Secondly, most tentpoles aren't remotely aimed at appealing to anyone outside of their 20s and (beyond that) aren't trying to do anything but get the most money in as short a time as possible. Quality above and beyond basic competency in non-tech categories isn't their goal.

This isn't youth-league soccer. You don't get awards just for participating.

• Like 12

See, my point this list is way too short.

It is basically every other year a blockbuster is nominated. Ethan in your opinion what should have been nominated last year. 

Ethan, first of all, blockbusters get nominated pretty regularly. Secondly, most tentpoles aren't remotely aimed at appealing to anyone outside of their 20s and (beyond that) aren't trying to do anything but get the most money in as short a time as possible. Quality above and beyond basic competency in non-tech categories isn't their goal.

People that bitch about  the Oscar not nominated blockbuster should go and watch the People's choice award and MTV awards. 

• Like 3

It is basically every other year a blockbuster is nominated. Ethan in your opinion what should have been nominated last year. 

People that bitch about  the Oscar not nominated blockbuster should go and watch the People's choice award and MTV awards.

Frozen.

Either start awarding Blockbusters in the BP category or give them their own category.