kayumanggi

THE GALLOWS | 07.10.15 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $22,764,410

Wait this is still coming out next month? Ive heard zero about it.

I knew nothing about it until I saw the trailer before San Andreas.

Doesn't look like anything special at all.

Unless the reviews come out and shock us all, I'd expect a typical low-impact inconsequential run, highly unlikely it gets anywhere near 50M.

I knew nothing about it until I saw the trailer before San Andreas.

Doesn't look like anything special at all.

Unless the reviews come out and shock us all, I'd expect a typical low-impact inconsequential run, highly unlikely it gets anywhere near 50M.

I started an under $20 million club for it.

A quick search on Twitter shows that people think this is a movie about that Charlie Charlie craze from last week.

That could help it.

Also it seems to be a slasher rather than just a supernatural horror. Maybe audiences are ready for a change? This had NewLines best test audience scores for a horror/thriller since Final Destination (2000).

Edit: Warner Bros just brought the UK release forward from September 15th to July 17th.

Edited by Krissykins

A quick search on Twitter shows that people think this is a movie about that Charlie Charlie craze from last week.

That could help it.

Also it seems to be a slasher rather than just a supernatural horror. Maybe audiences are ready for a change? This had NewLines best test audience scores for a horror/thriller since Final Destination (2000).

Edit: Warner Bros just brought the UK release forward from September 15th to July 17th.

They're definitely capitalizing on the Charlie Charlie thing, they released a video a little bit ago.

Someone told me the whole "Charlie Charlie" challenge was a promotional thing that was started to promote this movie. That's definitly not true, right?

I think that's true. The whole challenge thing took place just before the trailer came out.