kayumanggi

THE GALLOWS | 07.10.15 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $22,764,410

15% on Rotten Tomatoes.

So much for this having a great audience test scores.

The consensus on RT is brutal:

"Critic Consensus: Narratively contrived and visually a mess, The Gallows sends viewers on a shaky tumble to the bottom of the found-footage horror barrel."

Pretty sure every single found footage movie gets that from Bloody Disgusting

yeah, isn't creepy Steve Barton apart of that site? I'm pretty sure he gave The Devil Inside a good review so they probably like anything horror.
  • Like 1

15% on Rotten Tomatoes.

So much for this having a great audience test scores.

The consensus on RT is brutal:

"Critic Consensus: Narratively contrived and visually a mess, The Gallows sends viewers on a shaky tumble to the bottom of the found-footage horror barrel."

not surprising, this may be more in lines of Deliver Us From Evil in terms of OW now.
  • Like 1

not surprising, this may be more in lines of Deliver Us From Evil in terms of OW now.

Looks that way no, apparently it's previews were too low to bother reporting early.

It didn't cost $30m like Deliver Us From Evil though.

God that film was terrible.

• Like 1

I saw it. 

It's... not horrible. But not especially good, either. If I had stumbled upon it on Netflix I would have been pleasantly surprised by it, but I don't think it's worth the price of a ticket. Oh, and the ending is positively absurd.

Edited by Taylor

I saw it. 

It's... not horrible. But not especially good, either. If I had stumbled upon it on Netflix I would have been pleasantly surprised by it, but I don't think it's worth the price of a ticket. Oh, and the ending is positively absurd.

Was I right about those clips not being in the movie?

Was I right about those clips not being in the movie?

I had to go back and watch them, but yeah, neither of those are in the movie. None of the people in them are even in the movie. Guess they were filmed purely for promotion.

Edited by Taylor

I had to go back and watch them, but yeah, neither of those are in the movie. None of the people in them are even in the movie. Guess they were filmed purely for promotion.

Ha! I knew it, the production value in the clips looks so much better than the production value in the movie.

The first three quarters of the film is awful awful awful.  It gets better when shit goes down but all the stuff before it is horrible.

• Like 2

The first three quarters of the film is awful awful awful.  It gets better when shit goes down but all the stuff before it is horrible.

Some truly abysmal acting and dialogue before the shit hits the fan. The first 3/4 plays as if the writers never went to high school.

• Like 2

Date

(click to view chart)

Rank Weekend

Gross

%

Change

Theaters Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date Week

#

Jul 10–12 5 $9,808,463 - 2,720 - $3,606 $9,808,463 1
Jul 17–19 8 $4,011,094 -59.1% 2,720 - $1,475 $18,012,685 2
Jul 24–26 - $1,181,120 -70.6% 1,202 -1,518 $983 $21,355,856 3