rukaio101

CAYOM Year 9 Oscar Nominations

I've no received 2 1/2 ballots (3 1/2 if you include mine) and it's very interesting to see how some of these are turning out. Some categories are a lot closer than I was expecting. And some are the complete opposite where the winner seems to be pretty clear (so far). Of course there are still plenty of ballots expected so all that could be turned on its head at the last second

• Like 1

I've no received 2 1/2 ballots (3 1/2 if you include mine) and it's very interesting to see how some of these are turning out. Some categories are a lot closer than I was expecting. And some are the complete opposite where the winner seems to be pretty clear (so far). Of course there are still plenty of ballots expected so all that could be turned on its head at the last second

Check PM.

• Like 1

Alright, so I've got a ballot in from each of the regulars this year and, so far, the results have been very interesting. One film in particular has done far better than I think any of us were expecting. That said, there are even less different winners than last year. I'd tell you how many different films won, but I'm afraid you'd be able to guess most pretty easily. (Although maybe not. There were a few surprising lock-outs among the crowd).

Of course, all of this could change very quickly depending on whether/how the wild card voters like Empire or Spaghetti choose. There are plenty of categories where one errant vote could turn the whole thing around.

Then Im betting there will be a lot of films with only one win this year.

I think you've got it the wrong way round. If there's a low number of total winners, then that means there are going to be very few films with only one win this year.

Just putting out a final reminder since the deadline is tomorrow. I know all of the regulars this year have already voted so this is pretty much just aimed at the lurkers. The Ceremony is probably going to be a couple of days after since I need to finish it up. I'm aiming to have it done by the 23rd since no-one's probably going to be able to read it at Christmas

Also, I'm interested in hearing which films you all think are going to win each of the major categories. If only so I can make vague, deliberately unhelpful hints about them.

• Like 2