rukaio101

CAYOM Year 9 Oscar Nominations

I've just finished adding Empire's votes to the pot and HOLY PLOT TWIST! One of the major categories, which I thought a certain contender easily had in the bag, has just been dramatically overturned! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gud1jMunEQQ

Really, I cannot wait to see the reactions to this. (Assuming we don't get any more votes.)

• Like 2

I've just finished adding Empire's votes to the pot and HOLY PLOT TWIST! One of the major categories, which I thought a certain contender easily had in the bag, has just been dramatically overturned! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gud1jMunEQQ

Really, I cannot wait to see the reactions to this. (Assuming we don't get any more votes.)

Glad my votes had such an impact. :lol:

Okay, time is up and the votes have been counted.

I'm planning on having the Oscar ceremony take place tomorrow (or today since it's past midnight), somewhere between 7-8pm EST. And once it's finished, I shall open the Part 1 thread for Y10.

Should be a fun ceremony. There are several awards I can really see surprising people. One in particular I think will get a lot of talk.

Also, just to double check, the current record in CAYOM 2.0 for Oscar wins is Careful Laid Plans with 7, correct? Just asking because reasons...  :ph34r:

• Like 4

Rukaio, the Part 1 thread comes after the Festival is done. We wouldn't do a festival if we could just post our films.

And honestly, we like to keep distance between the ceremony and the start of next year's Part 1 so things can cool down and people can have some writing time.

Edited by Alpha

Rukaio, the Part 1 thread comes after the Festival is done.

Hmm. You've got a point, but I'm sceptical about waiting the best part of a month until Jan 12 to start the new year. And I think we could feasibly run the two side-by-side. What does everyone else think?

Also, regardless of, I've got another special thread I'm planning on opening anyway once the Oscars are done.

• Like 1

Hmm. You've got a point, but I'm sceptical about waiting the best part of a month until Jan 12 to start the new year. And I think we could feasibly run the two side-by-side. What does everyone else think?

Also, regardless of, I've got another special thread I'm planning on opening anyway once the Oscars are done.

Agreed. Ain't nobody wanna wait that long!

We'd have to put in an embargo that any film being submitted to the festival couldnt be posted until the festival is over, and that seems way too complex when we consider that it's still 3 weeks away.

I'd say that there should be some intramural activity between the 3 weeks, and honestly a lot of people need the writing time between game years.

And I dont care if it's a long time for some people, I don't want my winter break to be dedicated to writing stuff for the first 3-4 months of Year 10. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of players here who would agree.

Edited by Alpha

We'd have to put in an embargo that any film being submitted to the festival couldnt be posted until the festival is over, and that seems way too complex when we consider that it's still 3 weeks away.

I'd say that there should be some intramural activity between the 3 weeks, and honestly a lot of people need the writing time between game years.

It's not really that complex. Most of the films in-competition probably aren't going to be posted in the first trimester and, for those that are, it's really not difficult to simply leave the plot sections blank until the festival is done. 

How about this for a compromise though. We don't open the Part 1 thread until, say, the 3rd of January. That's a decent midpoint and leaves a good gap between the festival and the deadline for the first trimester.

• Like 2

And once it's finished, I shall open the Part 1 thread for Y10.

Hold up.

The Festival comes between Years, not awkwardly during the middle of one section of a Year. Having it during a Quarter/Third presents too many logistical problems, especially for those who would submit a film from the first section (if I did submit a film, it would be from Q1/T1).

Just move the Festival up a week if you don't want a long gap between action, then start Part 1 the weekend following the close of the Festival.

Edited by 4815162342

Hold up.

The Festival comes between Years, not awkwardly during the middle of one section of a Year. Having it during a Quarter/Third presents too many logistical problems, especially for those who would submit a film from the first section (if I did submit a film, it would be from Q1/T1).

Just move the Festival up a week if you don't want a long gap between action, then start Part 1 the weekend following the close of the Festival.

I think we can consider moving the Festival up a week.