kayumanggi

MONDAY NUMBERS | 12.15.2014

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pretty strong, but it loses its IMAX screens tonight.  Still, pacing next to Skyfall (which also lost IMAX to TH1), I have it currently on pace for 186M and it's gaining on it's OD multiplier day-by-day.  At 120.2% right now, 122.5% will set it towards 190M and 129.3% towards 200M.

Also, it doesn't seem to be losing all of its screens.  My local 15/70 (Smithsonian Airbus) is playing this till the 18th of January.

Pretty strong, but it loses its IMAX screens tonight.  Still, pacing next to Skyfall (which also lost IMAX to TH1), I have it currently on pace for 186M and it's gaining on it's OD multiplier day-by-day.  At 120.2% right now, 122.5% will set it towards 190M and 129.3% towards 200M.

Also, it doesn't seem to be losing all of its screens.  My local 15/70 (Smithsonian Airbus) is playing this till the 18th of January.

Even thou it what beat Batman Begins it would hilarious if inched it ways past to beat Tele's club. 

I'm confused by your tracking. I'm comparing it with Thor 2 since they came out right around the same time and had Hunger Games in weekend #3. Interstellar daily numbers have been fluctuating between 60% and 95% ahead of Thor 2. Even at 95% ahead of Thor 2 the rest of its run, it would only make around $183m. Yesterday it was 73.5% ahead. If that continues, it would finish at $180.8m total.

• Like 1

I'm confused by your tracking. I'm comparing it with Thor 2 since they came out right around the same time and had Hunger Games in weekend #3. Interstellar daily numbers have been fluctuating between 60% and 95% ahead of Thor 2. Even at 95% ahead of Thor 2 the rest of its run, it would only make around $183m. Yesterday it was 73.5% ahead. If that continues, it would finish at $180.8m total.

Skyfall OD without previews = 28.1M.  IS OD without previews = 14.2M.  

Skyfall gross up to day 39 (w/o previews) = 268.0M.  IS gross up to day 39 (w/o previews) = 162.4M.  

Multiplier for SF (268.0/28.1) = 9.537.  Multiplier for IS (162.4/14.2) = 11.44.  

Interstellar's 11.46 is 20.2% greater than Skyfall's 9.537 through the same day.  If it maintains that pace for the rest of its run, it will finish at 186.5M assuming that it basically runs as long as Skyfall did.  This is the method I've been using for daily/total projections for 5 years.  It can be adjusted to start on any weekend as well (I can treat the 1st 4 weeks gross as a starting point and begin the comparison on the 5th weekend or 5th Friday or however I please).  

• Like 1