Gopher

READ THE NOMINEES FOR THE 2015 BOX OFFICE AWARDS!

That's right! It's the Third Annual BOX OFFICE FORUMS FILM CRITICS SOCIETY OF PEOPLE WHO AREN'T ACTUAL CRITICS BUT SIMPLY FORUM MEMBERS WHO THOUGHT THEY COULD DO THIS WHOLE AWARDS THING BETTER THAN GROUPS LIKE THE BOSTON ONLINE FILM CRTICS ASSOCIATION WHOSE LIST OF WINNERS IN MAJOR CATEGORIES READS MORE LIKE OSCAR PREDICTIONS THAN GENUINE CHOICES FOR WHAT THEY THOUGHT WAS THE BEST OF THE YEAR Awards! Or for short the BOFFCSOPWAACBSFMWTTCDTWABTGLTBOFCAWLOWIMCRMLOPTGCFWTTWTBOTYs (NOTE: This title may now be outdated, I do not care.) Once again, we're gonna nominate the best of the best and forget the rest of the rest because time is short, you dummies.

Deadline for nominee voting is going to be January 18th in my PM box. SPAGHETTI, my co-host, will take over the "Winners" leg from January-February.

I'll get the ball rolling with nominee categories and numbers of slots:

FUNNIEST POSTER (5)
MOST VALUED POSTER (5)
WORST THREAD (5)
WHAT'S THE GLORY, BEST FORUM STORY (5)
BEST THREAD (5)
MOST HEADACHE-INDUCING BOX OFFICE RUN (5)
FAVORITE BOX OFFICE RUN (5)
WORST PIECE OF SHIT FILM (5)
BEST EDITING (5)
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY (5)
BEST COSTUME DESIGN (5)
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN (5)
BEST SCORE (5)
BEST ORIGINAL SONG (3)
BEST FOREIGN FILM (5) (i.e any film not released in the US... I recognize that there's a huge non-US voting population here so 'foreign' may be relative but this is to get some films that aren't behemoth blockbusters some deserved attention because Force Majeure is awesome, dammit)
BEST BREAKTHOUGH PERFORMANCE (5) (Could be Actor, Director, Writer, Designer, etc)
BEST ANIMATED FILM (5)
BEST COMEDY (5)
BEST HORROR FILM (3)
BEST DOCUMENTARY (3)
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY (5)
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY (5)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR (5)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (5)
BEST ACTOR (5)
BEST ACTRESS (5)
BEST DIRECTOR (5)
BEST PICTURE (10)

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 9

We all know some crappy shit is gonna win. What is the overrated turd this year over here?

Expect a meltdown from me when Dragon 2 or Big Hero 6 wins Animated Feature

Also, don't we typically rank the Picture nominees?

Edited by Blankments

That's right! It's the Third Annual BOX OFFICE FORUMS FILM CRITICS SOCIETY OF PEOPLE WHO AREN'T ACTUAL CRITICS BUT SIMPLY FORUM MEMBERS WHO THOUGHT THEY COULD DO THIS WHOLE AWARDS THING BETTER THAN GROUPS LIKE THE BOSTON ONLINE FILM CRTICS ASSOCIATION WHOSE LIST OF WINNERS IN MAJOR CATEGORIES READS MORE LIKE OSCAR PREDICTIONS THAN GENUINE CHOICES FOR WHAT THEY THOUGHT WAS THE BEST OF THE YEAR Awards!

Boston Online Film Critics Association

Film: Snowpiercer

Director: Alejandro G. Inarritu - Birdman

Actor: Brendan Gleeson - Calvary

Actress: Marion Cotillard - Two Days, One Night

Supp. Actor: Edward Norton - Birdman

Supp. Actress: Tilda Swinton - Snowpiercer

Screenplay: Calvary

Animated Film: The LEGO Movie

Ensemble: Birdman

Gopher C&P Fail

• Like 3

WOW its time for the BOFFCSOPWAACBSFMWTTCDTWABTGLTBOFCAWLOWIMCRMLOPTGCFWTTWTBOTY's again. Man it feels like it was just yesterday. I still got a list of movies to see and some of the 2014 movie won't make it to my neck of the woods till January so my ballot will be toward the end. 

In all reality this award ceremony has actually become one of my favorite award shows. 

• Like 1

FYC: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Actress (Marion Cotillard), Best Actor (Joaquin Phoenix), Best Supporting Actor (Jeremy Renner), Best Cinematography, Best Production Design

I'm gonna keep beating this movie's drum until the end dammit. Go fuck yourself Weinstein.

the-immigrant-2013.14703.jpg

• Like 1