iceroll

BOT's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (Top 20 Time! Starts p.17)

#14 The Walking Dead (+4 ranks) 366 Points

baVGBhY.jpg
IMDB Rating:
cGKhigc.png
Aired: 2010-ongoing (AMC)
Episodes: 59
Genre: Drama
List Trivia: All three AMC shows placed very well in the Top 100, ranking in the Top 15. The Walking Dead scores one more point than Mad Men, but it's pretty far behind the next AMC show. With a 24.4 average, it also has the second lowest average score in the Top 20. It also rises 4 positions.
Storyline: Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies.
Show quote:
T-Dog: Guess the world changed.
Guillermo: No. It's the same as it ever was: the weak get taken.
Show Trivia:
For Season 3, the make up team used darker skin tones for the Walkers to show further decay as time has progressed.

Episode Ratings:
01UmNZy.png

Opening Theme:

cwubBGY.gif

Bonus Conan's "The Walking Dead" Cold Open:

• Like 6

#13 Sherlock (+15 ranks) 379 Points

ntxT4t6.jpg
IMDB Rating:
3xEpIlI.png
Aired: 2010-ongoing (BBC)
Episodes: 9
List Trivia: Sherlock gets the second highest positional boost in the Top 100, jumping 15 ranks from the previous list. It's also the show with the fewest episodes in all of the Top 50, you have to go back to True Detective at #58 to find a show with fewer episodes. Sherlock received one #1 ranking, and it's also the highest ranking BBC show out of seven.
Storyline:A modern update finds the famous sleuth and his doctor partner solving crime in 21st century London.
Show quote:
Sherlock: Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.
Show Trivia:
Amanda Abbington, who plays Mary Morstan, John Watson's fiancé/wife in the series, is the real-life longtime partner of Martin Freeman.

Episode Ratings:
QY4mlZs.png

Opening Theme:

tumblr_myyd5aNFCj1sghzj6o1_500.giftumblr_myyd5aNFCj1sghzj6o2_500.gif

• Like 7

#12 Buffy the Vampire Slayer (+10 ranks) - 444 Points

2h12lPB.jpg
IMDB Rating:
SnLTgk5.png
Aired: 1997-2003 (WB)
Episodes: 144
List Trivia: Buffy jumps 10 positions from the previous year, and along the way leaps 65 points above #11, which is by far the biggest point jump so far. It is the highest ranking WB show, above Angel at #37 and Gilmore Girls at #39.
Storyline: A young girl, destined to slay vampires, demons and other infernal creatures, deals with her life fighting evil, with the help of her friends.
Show quote:
Rupert Giles: In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer.
Show Trivia:
Series creator Joss Whedon wanted to do a musical episode as early as the first season, but the network wouldn't allow him to. When the show switched networks after the fifth season, he was finally able to get his wish, resulting in the episode Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, with Feeling (2001).
BOT User Blurb:
Who knew a weaksauce flop movie could result in some of the finest television hours ever? Trailblazer through and through, Buffy the Vampire Slayer has had a profound impact in the genres of YA fiction, fantasy and coming of age drama in terms of tone, characterization and dialogues. As the pantheon of fictional heroes continues to grow, Buffy Anne Summers will always be her own unique kind. She saved the world. A lot.
-Spidey Freak

Episode Ratings:
bYEByMZ.png

Opening Theme:

Td3OoVK.gif

• Like 10

#11 The Sopranos (Same Rank) - 445 Points

BavAKL5.jpg
IMDB Rating:
iwH2UnQ.png
Aired: 1999-2007 (HBO)
Episodes: 86
List Trivia: The Sopranos is only one of two shows to maintain the same rank as the previous list, staying at #11. At this rank, it is still only the third highest ranking HBO show in the Top 100, out of eight. It received one #1 ranking and three #2 rankings, and its 40.5 average score is the fourth highest in the Top 20, and sixth highest overall. 
Storyline: Modern day morality tale about New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano, as he deals with personal and professional issues in his home and business life.
Show quote:
Dr. Jennifer Melfi: What line of work are you in?
Tony Soprano: Waste management consultant.
Show Trivia:
After the pilot had aired, James Gandolfini was told by a real-life "wise guy" never to wear shorts again. This encounter seems to have been incorporated later in the first episode of Season Four ("For All Debts Public and Private") when New York mob boss Carmine indicates to Tony that he'd heard about his recent backyard party, and that "a don doesn't wear shorts".

Episode Ratings:
L3boubG.png
(Dat season 4 drop!)

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/RLxSUKA--Dg

tumblr_mpbbivZmtR1ra4ssmo1_400.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 6

List Trivia: All three AMC shows placed very well in the Top 100, ranking in the Top 15. The Walking Dead scores one more point than Mad Men, but it's pretty far behind the next AMC show. With a 24.4 average, it also has the second lowest average score in the Top 20. It also rises 4 positions.

I wonder what the other AMC show could be. it's probably Kevin Smith's Comic Book Men.

• Like 1

#10 Avatar: The Last Airbender (-4 ranks) - 515 Points

3cNqWlS.jpg
IMDB Rating:
TBdgS5s.png
Aired: 2005-2008 (Nickelodeon)
Episodes: 61
Genre: Saturday Morning Cartoon
List Trivia: We're in the big leagues now! Avatar: The Last Airbender leaps 70 points above #11, and is the first show to break the 500-point barrier. It's the highest ranked show in the Saturday Morning Cartoon and Nickelodeon channel categories. It scores three #1 placements, tying it with Buffy for the most #1's so far. Its 42.9 average score is also the fourth highest in the entire Top 100, and second highest in the Top 20.
Storyline: In a war-torn world of elemental magic, a young boy reawakens to undertake a dangerous mystic quest to fulfill his destiny as the Avatar.
Show quote:
Sokka: I’m gonna tell you something crazy. I never told this to anyone before. But honestly, I’m not sure I can remember what my mother looked like. It really seems like my whole life Katara’s been the one looking out for me. She’s always been the one that’s here. And now when I try to remember my mom, Katara’s face is the only face I can picture.
Show Trivia:
Zuko was one of the last characters to be written into the show. The Fire Lord was meant to be the shows main antagonist, but the writers realized he would not be able to cause Aang and his friends trouble sitting from his throne. Zuko was then written into the show.
BOT User Blurb:
The greatest animated show of all time. It's epic, it's life enriching, it's incredibly funny, entertaining and at times, heart wrenching to boot. Jung would be proud of the show's uncanny ability to take ancient cultural and natural concepts and map them to different traits of the human psyche. The character growth is consistently phenomenal. ATLA is easily one of the very best things that ever happened to the television medium. 
-Spidey Freak

This show is just incredible, I remember I started watching it a bit later, but I was staying at my sister’s house and started watching it with my nephew and then we were like this show is amazing! I couldn't stop watching it! The emotional Depth and character growth Is masterfully played out, not just for a animated show for any show, all the main character Aang, Katara, Toph and Sokka and Zuko all go through major character arch , they start out as kids and my the end the have grown into these adult through what they have been through. The action is great the humor Is great and the animation is beautiful. It has probably the most epic and perfectly played out final battle, up their in scope and epicness with “The lord of the Rings’ this is not a kids Saturday morning show, it is a fantasy epic, it is a coming of age story, it is a story of falling in love. And one of-if not the best tv show of all time.
-KaloVisor

Episode Ratings:
rubv4MH.png

Opening Theme:

tumblr_n9srjtcCwq1st66hho6_500.gif

tumblr_mv37u7t7Rx1sud0bqo1_400.gif

Show Clip [spoiler warning] (new to Top 10):

• Like 10

#14 The Walking Dead (+4 ranks) 366 Points

baVGBhY.jpg

IMDB Rating:

cGKhigc.png

Aired: 2010-ongoing (AMC)

Episodes: 59

Storyline: Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies.

Show quote:

T-Dog: Guess the world changed.

Guillermo: No. It's the same as it ever was: the weak get taken.

Show Trivia:

For Season 3, the make up team used darker skin tones for the Walkers to show further decay as time has progressed.

Episode Ratings:

01UmNZy.png

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/O8W9qr7DB-o

cwubBGY.gif

Bonus Conan's "The Walking Dead" Cold Open:

http://youtu.be/7L2d4VcXDqI

Boooo!!!! Booooooo!!!!!! Boooooo!!!!!!!

#11 The Sopranos (Same Rank) - 445 Points

BavAKL5.jpg

IMDB Rating:

iwH2UnQ.png

Aired: 1999-2007 (HBO)

Episodes: 86

List Trivia: The Sopranos is only one of two shows to maintain the same rank as the previous list, staying at #11. At this rank, it is still only the third highest ranking HBO show in the Top 100, out of eight. It received one #1 ranking and three #2 rankings, and its 40.5 average score is the fourth highest in the Top 20, and sixth highest overall. 

Storyline: Modern day morality tale about New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano, as he deals with personal and professional issues in his home and business life.

Show quote:

Dr. Jennifer Melfi: What line of work are you in?

Tony Soprano: Waste management consultant.

Show Trivia:

After the pilot had aired, James Gandolfini was told by a real-life "wise guy" never to wear shorts again. This encounter seems to have been incorporated later in the first episode of Season Four ("For All Debts Public and Private") when New York mob boss Carmine indicates to Tony that he'd heard about his recent backyard party, and that "a don doesn't wear shorts".

Episode Ratings:

L3boubG.png

(Dat season 4 drop!)

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/RLxSUKA--Dg

tumblr_mpbbivZmtR1ra4ssmo1_400.gif

Sorry but this is a top 10 show