Blankments

WKND Est. - Hobbit 56M, NATM 17M, Annie 16M, Exodus 8M, Mockingjay 7M, John Wick 115K, Interview 0M

What's next, that Avengers is an emotionally powerful study on people putting their differences aside to work for the greater good?

tumblr_inline_nbp4x7EXSf1s5jo86.gif

hey i got very emotional when they decided to work together after that random agent guy got killed by loki hail joss whedon

• Like 2

It was so obvious Groot was not going to die. That scene was just a way to create some quick emotion

I'm not praising gotg for its emotional complexity I'm just saying there's a whole lot more emotional resonance than the hobbit. (Which doesn't say much because the hobbit has 0 emotional resonance.)

I'm not praising gotg for its emotional complexity I'm just saying there's a whole lot more emotional resonance than the hobbit. (Which doesn't say much because the hobbit has 0 emotional resonance.)

Yeah, that's why girls and kids were crying at my showing of TBOTFA. So...

tumblr_loizziKVZY1qmiwwho1_500.gif

... it doesn't mean we all have.

• Like 3

I've seen neither GotG or the Hobbit movies, but LotR had a few emotional punches. Jackson wears his heart on his sleeve to a fault, but every so often the music cues and the overwhelming visuals combined to great effect. Gandalf returning at the end of the Two Towers still lingers in my memory.

• Like 1