Blankments

WKND Est. - Hobbit 56M, NATM 17M, Annie 16M, Exodus 8M, Mockingjay 7M, John Wick 115K, Interview 0M

Alfrid pretty much had that part. ;)

actually a colleague asked me today if Alfrid was "that treacherous guy with Theoden in TTT"! :D

Rose Byrne is stunning.  I can't get enough of her.  I first noticed her in Knowing.  

she is  :wub:

Im gonna start watching "Damages" today

Edited by Lady of Lorien

Well, GotG was cinematic trash so your point fails :P It's probably the worst Marvel movie since the last Hulk and that says a lot. It's bad even on a comedy level, so... TH on the other hand. And HP. One word: EPICNESS.

If it was really that bad, people wouldn't have loved it enough to make it the years biggest film, it also wouldn't have scored over 90% with critics. Some people love to be different I guess :P

The final Hobbit had some decent, inventive action scenes and that's about it. I cared more about a 3 word talking tree in GOTG than I did with anyone in the Hobbit movies after 3 fucking movies lol. You know a franchise is a let down when I can only remember about 3 characters names. I remember more names from GOTG than I do from The Hobbit movies and I've only seen GOTG twice lol.

• Like 1

If it was really that bad, people wouldn't have loved it enough to make it the years biggest film, it also wouldn't have scored over 90% with critics. Some people love to be different I guess :P

The final Hobbit had some decent, inventive action scenes and that's about it. I cared more about a 3 word talking tree in GOTG than I did with anyone in the Hobbit movies after 3 fucking movies lol. You know a franchise is a let down when I can only remember about 3 characters names. I remember more names from GOTG than I do from The Hobbit movies and I've only seen GOTG twice lol.

I have never cared about anyone in a Marvel movie. They are fluff, you forget about it the moment you leave the cinema. Hobbit is a cinematic masterpiece compared to that.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

I have never cared about anyone in a Marvel movie. They are fluff, you forget about it the moment you leave the cinema. Hobbit is a cinematic masterpiece compared to that.

haha okay then :rolleyes:

Look, the final film was fairly enjoyable, but lets not kid ourselves here.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Gotg is one of the best movies of the year hands down.

That's why its word of mouth prevailed despite the competition unlike the other 90m openers of the summer.

its another POTC, its a lot of fun, what more do people want?

• Like 1

I found it in the Hobbit.

Sad music doesn't equal emotional depth, nor does randomly killing a character we've not got engaged to, we need to know the character before we care about them or its meaningless. If you like your 'emotional depth' brought to you in the most simplistic way then fair enough, simple minds I guess :P

• Like 1

Honestly even though I like the Hobbit movies the "emotional" parts come across as either contrived or stuff that could have been very effective but isn't as well developed as it should (which is weird since they had eight hours of film to do it properly).

The Kili/Tauriel romance is especially flat.

• Like 1