Ethan Hunt

top 50 films for the half decade; Kalo's list begins! (pg. 45)

Only in the butthurtedness of its fans for not being the CGI Disney Princess film that took over the free world like a boss. 

Nope Tangled is better than Frozen in everyway. 

I use to hate Tangled because I thought it was boring. I rewatched it not to long ago and I realized that its a really dark movie and I hadn't seen that side of the film before. Comparing it and Frozen is difficult because they're so different one is.a fun grand adventure while the other is this dark tale of a child seeing the world for the first time

• Like 1

I use to hate Tangled because I thought it was boring. I rewatched it not to long ago and I realized that its a really dark movie and I hadn't seen that side of the film before. Comparing it and Frozen is difficult because they're so different one is.a fun grand adventure while the other is this dark tale of a child seeing the world for the first time

It is really dark, if you think about it, mother Gothel is a really creepy and in fact realistic villain. thats part of the reason why it's so brilliant, it's full of not quite obvious undertones that have deeper meaning. 

• Like 1

Wreck it Ralph is much much better than both Frozen and Tangled, even though they are good movies too.

Wreck-it Ralph was in my top 30. that's pretty darn high.

6) Warrior - 2011

warrior_dvd_large.jpg

Warrior is just an outstanding film, Joel Edgerton, Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte all give knockout performances, partying the heartbreak of their broken family with a emotional rawness, this movie is better than Rocky imo, which don't get me wrong I love Rocky, this one just it's a deeper chord with me,  as well as having one of the powerful endings ever in a film, it is my favorite film of 2011

tumblr_n5ymchLcLh1qgds5yo2_500.gif

tumblr_ma7jqgS1211qk6wc3o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n7yau7PCzG1tcj5zio1_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27_H7xumAbA  

5) X-Men Days of Future Past - 2014

798be1dcff5048c4a8ce60077cba4fbc.jpg

X-Men Days of Future Past, is nearly a perfect Superhero film, with diverse, well development characters, excellent performances, great story with depth, dazzling visuals,  it has the best quicksilver, Michael Fassbender and James Mcavoy once again are fantastic, and the film manages to keep the perfect mix of drama, action and humor well it's as of now my favorite Superhero film of all time.  

magneto,%20x%20men,%20rfk.gif

xmen-quicksilver.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRanXvIAqw  

• Like 1

4) The Way He Looks

hoje_eu_quero_voltar_sozinho.jpg

Beautiful coming of age film about longing for independence and first love, a true gem of a film with excellent performances, captivating cinematography focused direction and just a great story, it is my second favorite film of 2014.

tumblr_n847uyQ7Qx1rsh8hwo5_500.gif

tumblr_n847uyQ7Qx1rsh8hwo2_500.gif

3) Nightcrawler - 2014

69817ebc39e607e75f721b2438ab85a1.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal gives the performance of his career, in this dark crime journalism drama, with a mesmerising story that sucks you in and never lets go, it is an amazing film and my favorite film of 2014.

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Nightcrawler-GIF-pointin

jake-gyllenhaal-nightcrawler-stairs-came

nightcrawler.jpg

• Like 2

2) Her - 2013

fac9114bfd3eb1738e7ab7b3e027efd6.jpg

The Story of a man who falls for an OS, should be creepy, but ends up being creepily believable, and even enduring, set in a future not so far or different than where we are now, with a cast including Joaquin Phoenix who is outstanding, Scarlett Johansson makes you question of voice actors should get nominations, Chris Pratt, and Amy Adams, all of which are among my favorites, it would be as if this film was made for me. the whole movie has this tranquil inviting flow that invites you into this world, the colors of different shades of red and pink giving a rosy feel manipulation your senses, the pace a steady flow causing you to drift along in this world. and an new age esque score with breaking taking piano ques. It is my favorite film of 2013 and one of my all time favs.   

tumblr_n4ncvrO3981r8bxs1o2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n1erx39fKI1qduh7lo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxahbnUCZxY  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuSGEVBuFp8

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 3

1) Inception - 2010

60d1ebe1d236733f00e30dde9fc1294d.gif\

Have you ever had a dream within a dream, where you wake up from it and you are still dreaming? I have, in fact I had this concept in my before this movie was even made, not that is was exactly like this film, but this movie just floored me in every way yeah some people say it's overrated, but not to me, to me Inception was one of the most original films ever made, with great performances, and extremely intense easily Christopher Nolan's best work, it is pure imation nation, sure maybe it spends a lot of time with exposition, but that's okay, it's also the first film I've seen with Tom Hardy, who is now my favorite actor, I just love it, a modern sci-fi masterpiece. my favorite film of the first half of the 10s. would be of the 10s, but there was a little film that came out this year that just may have topped it. 

giphy.gif

tumblr_l5kd32imel1qzymqao1_400.gif

arthurpsp.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blTgq5nW6ZU

• Like 1

Well there you have it my top 50 films of the first half of the 2010s, hope you enjoyed it, have a happy 4th of July! I'll post the full list rundown soon.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2