Leyla

SPECTRE OS Thread | 80.4m OW | 80.4m OS Total | 6 Markets only - 63.8m from UK alone! Record Breaking | expands to 57 markets next week

Can't believe I'll see the film tomorrow already

The lighter tone imo can beneft the BO here

I dont expect it to reach 25 mil like SF but 18-20 is my positive prediction

Btw why should MJ2 be afraid?????:huh: Its getting hailed & its the final part so it will get its money.

(so many changes in forum's layout btw It feels like a diff forum:lol:)

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2015, 10:35:33, peludo said:

I thought it could not reach the billion but it seems that ER is not a so decissive factor this year. The chances for billion are great. Anyway, I prefer to see what happens in other huge Skyfall markets like Germany ($85m), France ($60m), Australia ($50m), Japan ($32m) or Russia ($25m). Some of them are still huge figures to match.

Spectre won't be touching the Australian total in USD.  the current exchange rate won't let it get near that figure even if it somehow matches it in AUD, the USD figure will be well short.... (in case you were wondering for the USD to matched, it would need to make in excess of 65m AUD which would be the australian markets all time 2nd biggest film ever... yeah not happening.  more realistically i'm expecting around 40m to 45m in AUD which is just over 30m USD.  Still a great result but certainly not at the same levels the Skyfall got.  mostly due exchange rates.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jajang said:

Spectre won't be touching the Australian total in USD.  the current exchange rate won't let it get near that figure even if it somehow matches it in AUD, the USD figure will be well short.... (in case you were wondering for the USD to matched, it would need to make in excess of 65m AUD which would be the australian markets all time 2nd biggest film ever... yeah not happening.  more realistically i'm expecting around 40m to 45m in AUD which is just over 30m USD.  Still a great result but certainly not at the same levels the Skyfall got.  mostly due exchange rates.

So you are saying that just in Australia, Spectre would be losing $20m relative to Skyfall. Analysis like this is what I am expecting for those big markets. Thank you :)

Hopefully, Asian markets can compensate what European, Australian or even Latin American countries can lose because the ER factor, and Bond is able to earn again 800 million OS, but I want to see it. The beginning has certainly been encouraging :), but it will be very hard to achieve.

Anyway, it is going to be a great run to follow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leyla said:

800 would be spectacular but I doubt it

WK prediction here is about 6 mil $

Yes. That is my feeling. The debate started with the chances of this making 1 billion again. I think that it will need well over $700m OS to reach it since I do not think it will make the same numbers than Skyfall in US. Let's say $250m in US, so it would need $750m OS. If it is able to make those figures it would mean a higher overall attendance than Skyfall, what would be astonishing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Don't keep your expectations about Spectre too high quality-wise, though.....cause some people are only gonna get disappointed in this. :P

Just lower the expectations and it's alright.

I am sure it is possible to make a perfect Bond movie, but I have not seen it yet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jajang said:

Plus it's still a week till Spectre opens here and Mockingjay opens just the week after.  Skyfall had 5 clear weeks until the The Hobbit and Les Mis opened over Christmas.

Back in 2012 Skyfall opened to $12,304,513.  Last year MJ1 opened to $11,888,205.  

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jajang said:

Plus it's still a week till Spectre opens here and Mockingjay opens just the week after.  Skyfall had 5 clear weeks until the The Hobbit and Les Mis opened over Christmas.

That could restrict spectre even further. I've no idea why Sony thought it a good idea to delay it so much. Skyfall opened day and date with the UK. Spectre for some reason opens a week later than the U.S.

While this won't stop a big opening, it could hinder the longer term prospects. Could drop to say 35m AUD. which is down to 25m Usd. Of course the opposite could happen but I think mj2 will do more here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Actually, back in 2012 the situation was reversed in the Bond/Young Adult stakes.  Breaking Dawn Part 2 opened the week before Skyfall.  They both managed around $12m.   BD2 did drop a little heavier then BD1 but it was only 59% for BD1 vs 64% for BD2.

Holy shit I just read this sentence and I'm mind-blown: "According to WSJ, co-financing and marketing and releasing Skyfall brought Sony $57 million on a film that grossed $1.1 billion globally. MGM, in turn, made $175 million, while Danjaq made $109 million."

https://deadline.com/2015/10/daniel-craig-james-bond-sony-warner-bros-mgm-daniel-craig-1201528241/

$57M is nothing to complain about but you'd expect a studio to make more than 5% profit out of a billion-dollar film.