rukaio101

Year 10 Discussion Thread

I made an interesting discovery today. It turns out that Arnon Milchan (the guy from Battle for Brazil) is actually white, not black like I initially though. So basically, Chiwetel Ejiofor just won an Oscar for playing a white guy.....

Is that progressive? I'm really not sure.

Blank made Galileo a woman, so this about parallels that decision.

Huh. I've just had a thought. Wouldn't CAYOM films technically be eligible for Best Forum Story in the Box Office Awards?

If so, vote Cybernetic 7 and/or Battle for Brazil.

I think this game has stalled unfortunately. For myself, I can say that after working 45-50 hours a week, I want to relax and unwind instead of "working" on more things.

Rukaio, we should hold a PM conference of figuring out a way to keep activity going on here even if the base game is essentially frozen.

• Like 1

I think this game has stalled unfortunately. For myself, I can say that after working 45-50 hours a week, I want to relax and unwind instead of "working" on more things.

Rukaio, we should hold a PM conference of figuring out a way to keep activity going on here even if the base game is essentially frozen.

You literally caught me just as I was typing this out.

So, I'm going out on a limb here and assuming people need another week..... is what I'd like to say, but it's eminently clear that this subforum is a bit dead at the moment. I'm not going to put it on hiatus since that'll probably just make things worse so instead I'm going to try and give this place a good boot up the arse to get interest back up. 

The deadline will be extended another week (with the possibilty of more extensions if there's still little life) but in the meantime I'm going to try and set up a few interesting things to try and get people interested in CAYOM once more. The first of which should be up in a few minutes.

So here's hoping this works.

defibrillator.jpg

• Like 1

I was going to start my last touches on ME and PvZ, but nobody seems to have anything ready and I have a test this week so I will just leave them like they are because I am sure the deadline will get delayed. If people end up posting their stuff, the movies are good enough to go.

• Like 1

Alright, so apparently the extra week did a grand total of jack shit for reviving this game. At the moment, I'm assuming the big problem is simple post-Winter holiday fatigue. That and the botched Festival did somewhat screw up the post-Oscar momentum that we usually have. 

At the moment, I think the best option is probably to have maybe a couple of weeks rest before attempting to restart the year. That said, if we receive 25 completed entries in that time, I'll just restart then.

For other ideas for rejuvenating interest in this, I've had an idea for another mini contest that can take place each trimester. At the beginning of each Part 1, we get a vague premise/scenario/word/whatever and each of us has to create an original movie around that thing. Big budget, small budget, you decide. Then, during Part 2, we vote on our favourite. Thoughts?

• Like 1

To me, all are great ideas. Like I said, my movies are pretty much ready with a need of a few touches here and there. I am in the middle of exams so I won't touching them until February 13.

• Like 1