rukaio101

Year 10 Discussion Thread

Also, I have a question for all of you. Since Comic-Con went really well last year, I think it would be a pretty good idea to try and do it again. So, with that said, do you think it would be a good idea to host it after the second trimester wraps up? Specifically after all the box office numbers are reported.

I actually wanted to set up kind of a big presentation for my upcoming films so I say go for it.

• Like 1

I will start looking at films for reviewing this weekend. I will wait until more predictions are done before I start crunching some numbers. My goal is to have Trimester 1 actuals done in one block sometime between August 7th and 15th.

• Like 1

I'm sure you guys probably realize I'm done with this game. Whoever's doing actuals, I have holdovers actuals ready at your disposal (I just need to find them lol), and I'll be releasing my franchise rights soon. I might come back just to wrap up Chuck and Liam some day, but that'll be it.

• Like 1

I'm sure you guys probably realize I'm done with this game. Whoever's doing actuals, I have holdovers actuals ready at your disposal (I just need to find them lol), and I'll be releasing my franchise rights soon. I might come back just to wrap up Chuck and Liam some day, but that'll be it.

Is there a reason why?

Just feel like saving my ideas for actual film stuff, rather than using it here. Hence why moving forward on the last Chuck/Liam could still happen, because there's no way I could do those stories in any other medium than CAYOM

• Like 1

Just feel like saving my ideas for actual film stuff, rather than using it here. Hence why moving forward on the last Chuck/Liam could still happen, because there's no way I could do those stories in any other medium than CAYOM

Honestly, I'd argue that if you're trying to do actual film stuff, this game is even more useful. It not only gives you motivation to finish up writing a full synopsis, but it also gives you some guaranteed critiques and feedback for it. I know I've already recycled 5 of my original films here for my screenwriting course (Battle for Brazil, Romeo vs Juliet, Ship of Lies, Tick Tock and the hanging scene from the Good, the Bad and the Dead, for those interested (also, technically Dresden Files, but that was an adaptation project from the book so that barely counts)) and they've all done fairly well. 

• Like 2

IDK, regardless, I really have no time nowadays to do this kind of stuff for fun. Maybe when I get into more screenwriting classes I'll come back, but I feel as though I need a long break from intellectual property either way.

This year, I'll just release 3 or 4 longer movies, and start off my return with a bunch of smaller films.

I'm thinking about doing an animated adaptation of Ernest Cline's Armada, and maybe an Oscar contender later this year.

Edited by Alpha