LexJoker

Wednesday #s 12/24 | Hobbit $6M, NATM $2.8M

Its okey.

But still way behind the 2 first when you look at total on 24/12..

That would also be okey if the daily number(24th) was higher than the 2 first ones. But its not much higher..

It needs to jump big tomorrow and that great holiday numbers continue until the jan 4th

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 1

Curious to see how badly Into the Woods is gonna do after being dumped by Disney. Even The Gambler is in more theaters for fucks sake. 

I really doubt they're dumping it. They're just testing the waters and could open it in more if business is big enough. Disney probably isn't sure if the combo of two completely different genres (fantasy and musical) into one will draw in big crowds or not.

• Like 1

The Hobbit number looks okay to me. A 38.5% decrease by the looks. That is better than the 39.5% drop Return of the King had on it's Christmas Eve Wednesday. They both opened on the same date too.

Always a little easier to drop low from a lower number ;)

• Like 2

The Gambler is going to bomb.  I don't know what its actual production budget is, so maybe it won't actually lose any money.  But it will come in below expectations.  Flixster score is bad and I don't see how Marky Mark's fanbase would care to see him as an English professor.

I really don't understand the screencount for Into The Woods. The TV spots are always on, the entire cast is everywhere promoting, the reviews are strong (71 on Metacritic). Wtf? This is the kind of movie you open on 3500 screens on Xmas Day. 

I personally hated the movie but I'm not the target audience. 

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 1

Like i've been saying a drop under 40% was in store. Thursday should be over $10m, would be disappointing if not. Hopefully closer to $11m but considering it has not been able to match AUJ's 2nd week numbers, might be a tall order.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Into the Woods will come in below expectations because there is too much kids/family fare competing against it (Museum, Annie, Big Hero 6).  I would go with a 4 day total in the upper 30s.

What is interesting about ITW is that the trailers/marketing have focused on Streep instead of Kendrick.  Streep isn't a box office draw.  Kendrick would appeal more to girls b/c of the Pitch Perfect fanbase (DVD sales of Pitch Perfect are very high).  The Giver flopped.

The Gambler is going to bomb.  I don't know what its actual production budget is, so maybe it won't actually lose any money.  But it will come in below expectations.  Flixster score is bad and I don't see how Marky Mark's fanbase would care to see him as an English professor.

Budget is listed around 750k on IMDB so i dont see it bombing :)