Jonwo

Musicals you would like to see as Movies

The Book of Mormon (maybe get Phil Lord and Chris Miller involved... I'd love to see them and Parker/Stone work together)

Avenue Q (can't go wrong with puppets...)

Wicked (only if Idina Menzel reprises her role... after "Let it Go", Universal would be foolish not to get her involved on the film version)

Phil Lord and Chris Miller on the Book of Mormon is the best thing I've heard in a long time.

She's not too old if they animate it.

They could get back Cheno, too, that way.

I doubt they'll animate it since the directors Universal have considered are live action directors and also animated films tend to less than 2 hours long and Wicked is 2 and a half hours long in the stage version, you would need to cut most of the songs which won't happen.

Another musical I've just thought of which I think would be great as a film is Chess

I imagine the likely directors for The Book of Mormon film would be Trey and Matt since they have film directing experience.

I remember a year or so ago they were talking about a film adaption, and there's been nothing since then.  I'd feel like it would be best to strike when the iron is still fairly hot, but then again there seems to be trouble getting Broadway on screen (not the other way around though, sadly)

Book of Mormon (Despite being controversial) would be a massive film hit.

I remember a year or so ago they were talking about a film adaptation, and there's been nothing since then.  I'd feel like it would be best to strike when the iron is still fairly hot, but then again there seems to be trouble getting Broadway on screen (not the other way around though, sadly)

Book of Mormon (Despite being controversial) would be a massive film hit.

The Book of Mormon would likely be huge in America and other speaking countries but I'm not sure how it would translate elsewhere, we've yet to see any foreign productions of the show that isn't in English so it's hard to gage. 

Seeing how Elphaba requires thick make-up, I think it's possible for Idina to play her in live action too. It's not like she has aged to the point of being hunched over.

You can get away to a degree with playing someone fairly young on stage but it's very noticeable on film especially as the character starts out as a 18-19 year old so I think the likelihood of Idina reprising the role on film is very small. 

I imagine Elphaba and Glinda will be unknown or semi-known actors with big names for the other parts.

The Book of Mormon would likely be huge in America and other speaking countries but I'm not sure how it would translate elsewhere, we've yet to see any foreign productions of the show that isn't in English so it's hard to gage.

If the budget is similar to into the woods or les mis (both should be more expensive than Mormon though), then it could make profit just from the US