The Panda

DAJKS's (And Everyone Else's) Worst of 2014 (baumer starts pg 6)

I have a belief that in order to truly enjoy the good movies you need to see some bad ones too.  (However I do at times try to avoid the bad ones but somehow end up getting dragged to them anyways)

well the ones I did hate I really hated, so I think that will suffice. But I see where you're coming from. 

Edited by KaloVisor
  • Like 1

I have a belief that in order to truly enjoy the good movies you need to see some bad ones too.  (However I do at times try to avoid the bad ones but somehow end up getting dragged to them anyways)

I understand your sentiment here. But I still like to avoid movies I think well be bad and still run into quite a few.

Panda didn't see The Identical, Left Behind, or Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas. List is invalid to me

I think you're the only person on the forum who had to see those movies.   :rotfl:

Number 9

million-ways-die-west-poster02.jpg

When I first saw this movie I didn't find it too awful, just a bad experience, maybe like a bad tooth ache.  But then I started to realize that the tooth ache was not going away and it just got more and more annoying when I thought about it.  And then I had to see pieces of it again only to begin to realize I really did not like the movie.  The thing is the actual premise of this movie had a lot of potential, it's just Seth MacFarlane took anything that could have been funny and waved it in front of your face a million times until you were absolutely sick of the joke, then afterwards he'd throw in a couple literal poop gags because apparently that's funny?  No, it's just visually disgusting, and there is no forgiveness here for MacFarlane's comedic misfire.

• Like 2

Number 8

Jersey Boys

Jersey-Boys-Poster.jpg

What happened to Clint Eastwood?  He had been a fairly strong filmmaker before this and he has really fallen off a cliff when it comes to quality.  Jersey Boys was perhaps the most boring film I have seen the entire year, it's one of the only movie's this year where I found myself fighting to stay awake because it somehow manages to be so dull (even when the Broadway play is actually fairly great).  The entire film just feels half-assed and uninteresting.  While this movie may not technically be worse than some of the other movies on this list it somehow managed to turn a great Broadway show into one of the most boring rides of the year.

• Like 1

[e name=James" post="1827851" timestamp="1419882107]

Hmm... I loved Pompeii and quite liked I, Frankenstein. Our tastes are so different.

James you're tastes bare very different from a lot of peoples ( as are mine) but you like Revenge of the Fallen for God's sake.

None of this is a bad thing though, we all have our tastes.

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 2

There hasn't been much that I haven't liked.  But I thought Noah was a slog.  Pompeii was just silly.  I Frankenstein was inept in every way.  But Sabotage was the worst movie I saw.  It was made by people who simply should know better.  It was loud, needlessly vulgar and violent.  Terrible in every way possible.

I have a belief that in order to truly enjoy the good movies you need to see some bad ones too. (However I do at times try to avoid the bad ones but somehow end up getting dragged to them anyways)

I actually... kind of agree with this statement!

To an extent of course. If all I saw was good movies, they would stop being good and just become average.

I'm actually considering it, but would anyone think it be a good idea for me to watch Legend of Hercules before making my list? I'm not sure I want to waste my time, but wouldn't make my list more valid if I watch more "bad" movies like that and (supposedly) Ouija?

I'm actually considering it, but would anyone think it be a good idea for me to watch Legend of Hercules before making my list? I'm not sure I want to waste my time, but wouldn't make my list more valid if I watch more "bad" movies like that and (supposedly) Ouija?

Watch Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas or The Identical instead

• Like 1

Number 7

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-International-P

When Sony was hacked and faced hundreds of millions in legal damage I almost felt bad for them, but then I remembered they made this piece of shit.  After Spider-Man 3 I thought Spidey simply had a misfire, after The Amazing Spider-Man I thought, "Well maybe they just need to get the origin out of the way before it gets good," and then I saw this one and there was no excuse I could tell myself to justify Spidey's fall from glory.  The film is bad through and through with only the chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield to give the film any credibility.  While some of these movies I have said so far may have been technically worse than this movie, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 deserves its spot on here for officially killing a superhero.

• Like 1