baumer

Tues Numbers (Spatula) (Hobbit 8.0, ITW 6.5, Unbroken 5.4)

The Hobbit 8.0 (+6%)

Into the Woods 6.54 (+7%)

Unbroken 5.42 (+5%)

Night at the Museum 5.31 (+19%)

Annie 4.4 (+15%)

Hunger Games 2.40 (+8%)

Big Hero 6 1.68 (+19%)

Imitation Game 1.63 (+5%)

The Gambler 1.63 (+6%)

• Like 9

Tuesday increases were muted, just like they are in the summer.  

Night at the Museum is quietly doing some very nice numbers after a very small opening.  It's second Tuesday is almost as big as it's opening day.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 5

The Hobbit 8.0 (+6%)

Into the Woods 6.54 (+7%)

Unbroken 5.42 (+5%)

Night at the Museum 5.31 (+19%)

Annie 4.4 (+15%)

Hunger Games 2.40 (+8%)

Big Hero 6 1.68 (+19%)

Imitation Game 1.63 (+5%)

The Gambler 1.63 (+6%)

Those family movies are going to have some ugly drops after this weekend, but at least they're raking in the numbers before then.

• Like 1

Those family movies are going to have some ugly drops after this weekend, but at least they're raking in the numbers before then.

Sure they might but when you are making gobs of money on the weekdays, it makes up for it.

That small increase for ITW may sugest that it's not really attracting families after all, despite the fairytale connectins.

No, the small increase is more indicative of it being a new opener.

• Like 3

That puts THG at 311.3.  It should be close with GOTG for the yearly crown.

I would say that the crown will be undoubtly for THG3. It will be over 320M after this weekend. It shouldn't be a problem to gross another 15M.

• Like 4

No, the small increase is more indicative of it being a new opener.

I'd agree but that B Cinemascore and the "dark" ending may have an effect in the long run.  Not that it matters. Disney's over the moon with the results as it is.  Same with Universal and Unbroken.  Both films should hit "plan" number by next week and the rest is gravy.  

Edited by spatulashack
  • Like 12

I'd agree but that B Cinemascore and the "dark" ending may have an effect in the long run.  Not that it matters. Disney's over the moon with the results as it is.  Same with Universal and Unbroken.  Both films should hit "plan" number by next week and the rest is gravy.  

I agree about it's long term prospects.  I'm just pointing out that because it's a new film, the Tuesday increase will not be as large as other "family" films.  I have no doubt that by next Tuesday, the increase will be much more in line with other perceived family films.

• Like 4

I don't know. I think Cinemascore is pretty much worthless, unless you earn an A+, where it could be an indicator of what's about to come.
But everything from A to B usually doesn't make a difference for legs.

For ITW, I guess the B is coming from families with younger kids feeling mislead by marketing, as it's not the typical Disney tale you would expect it to be.

• Like 2

Has anyone seen ITW?  I don't start work until 7pm tonight, so I'm going to catch a flick this afternoon.  I'm thinking of going to see ITW.  Any thoughts?