Hernan Gonzalez

Minions OS Thread | 1 BILLION WW CROSSED!! | 6m weekend | $811.4m OS total

From BO Global Report

Ahead of its North American release next weekend, Minions took in an estimated $54.3 million this weekend (+44%) from 26 markets for an early international total of $124.2 million. The animated franchise film opened on top in all 15 new territories it was released this weekend and retained the top spot in Australia, UK/Ireland, and Brazil for a second weekend. It also scored the biggest opening day of all-time for an animated film in Germany, Spain, Argentina, and Colombia. 

Germany opened with $9.0 million, 70% higher than Despicable Me 2’s opening weekend. Spain and Colombia both doubled DM2’s opening with $5.9 million and $3.4 million respectively, while Argentina tripled DM2’s opening weekend with $5.5 million. Minions has grossed $16.2 million in Brazil, $31.4 million in UK/Ireland, and $15.1 million in Australia. 

Next weekend sees 25 territories including France, Mexico, and Russia open day-and-date with the U.S. and Canada.

• Like 3

From BO Global Report

Ahead of its North American release next weekend, Minions took in an estimated $54.3 million this weekend (+44%) from 26 markets for an early international total of $124.2 million. The animated franchise film opened on top in all 15 new territories it was released this weekend and retained the top spot in Australia, UK/Ireland, and Brazil for a second weekend. It also scored the biggest opening day of all-time for an animated film in Germany, Spain, Argentina, and Colombia. 

Germany opened with $9.0 million, 70% higher than Despicable Me 2’s opening weekend. Spain and Colombia both doubled DM2’s opening with $5.9 million and $3.4 million respectively, while Argentina tripled DM2’s opening weekend with $5.5 million. Minions has grossed $16.2 million in Brazil, $31.4 million in UK/Ireland, and $15.1 million in Australia. 

Next weekend sees 25 territories including France, Mexico, and Russia open day-and-date with the U.S. and Canada.

Incredible!

So Minions will beat IA4. Question is can it beat THE FROZEN. I dont think so but china could tilt in its favor if it makes 200m there. Japan thankfully dont care for minions(like scrat) and so will bomb there.

200M can happen, the movie is dumb enough.

It doesn't need to go that high though, after all it's going to gross much more than Despicable Movie 2 in every OS territory. 700+ OS (minus China) will probably happen.

From BO Global Report

It has already beat despicable me in Brazil but i don't think it will beat despicable me 2 :( .

Minions, UBER-BLOCKBUSTER Level:

~ Domestic, $375 - 425 million +

~ Overseas, $850 - 900 million +

~ Total, $1.225 - 1.325 billion +

Minions, Above Blockbuster Level:

~ Domestic, $325 - 375 million

~ Overseas, $800 - 850 million

~ Total, $1.125 - 1.225 billion

Minions, Average Blockbuster Level:

~ Domestic, $300 - 325 million 

~ Overseas, $750 - 800 million

~ Total, $1.05 - $1.125 billion

• Like 1

I think Frozen could be beaten OS by these animated movies:

KFP3 (Due to China).

Finding Dory (Japan & China could help it)

Now Frozen is getting beaten OS by live-action blockbusters, this year. FF7, AOU & JW.

KFP2 did OS 410+90 in China. KFP3 needs another 370 to beat Frozen OS. Where it can get these dollars? All in China?

Finding Dory and TS4: Frozen has outpaced TS3 thanks to 330 in Japan and SK: Will be hard for both movies to reach this level in these countries. Maybe China can help, but i think no.

Minions gets great OWs but is falling like a stone in many small markets and in UK and Australia is down from DM2 at the same point. The competition with IO hurt it more than expected and WOM it isn't so strong. However it should reach 1B in any case thanks to China and DOM (350+700 is the best case scenario).

I think that the only has a chance is DM3 (the only risk is that the Minions  will get a overexposition)

• Like 1

KFP2 did OS 410+90 in China. KFP3 needs another 370 to beat Frozen OS. Where it can get these dollars? All in China?

Finding Dory and TS4: Frozen has outpaced TS3 thanks to 330 in Japan and SK: Will be hard for both movies to reach this level in these countries. Maybe China can help, but i think no.

Minions gets great OWs but is falling like a stone in many small markets and in UK and Australia is down from DM2 at the same point. The competition with IO hurt it more than expected and WOM it isn't so strong. However it should reach 1B in any case thanks to China and DOM (350+700 is the best case scenario).

I think that the only has a chance is DM3 (the only risk is that the Minions  will get a overexposition)

Minions held better than DM2 in the UK. Its second weekend drop was lower than DM2. Also in Australia, the movie is actually up from its previous weekend and not down. Also in Brazil.

Best Opening in Paris in the year for Minions  !!!!!

Paris 2 pm :

Minions 8 436 admissions

Despicable Me 2 : 5 510  admissions

+53%

Paris Periphery 2 pm :

Minions 24 581 admissions

Despicable Me 2 : 16 137  admissions

+52,3%

This week with the 14th July and the National Day, Minions will be great opening in France.

• Like 3

Minions opening day in France maybe more 600 000 admissions with preview (more 100 000 admissions).

Minions will be maybe in the opening day top 12 all time in France.

Minions will be the best opening day in the year.

Answer in few hours...

Edited by jerem4502
  • Like 3