Mockingjay Raphael

Divergent Series: Insurgent OS Thread | $165m OS

2 movies? there is some room for growth!

Not if the part 1 acts like Mockingjay part 1. The momentum gathered by Catching Fire was completely wasted by MJ1, if instead it had been a single MJ movie, that would have been a billion grosser.

Not if the part 1 acts like Mockingjay part 1. The momentum gathered by Catching Fire was completely wasted by MJ1, if instead it had been a single MJ movie, that would have been a billion grosser.

Mockingjay Part 1 + Mockingjay Part 2 = at least $1.5B WW

That's better than only one billion dollar movie :P

• Like 1

Mockingjay Part 1 + Mockingjay Part 2 = at least $1.5B WW

That's better than only one billion dollar movie :P

That may be true, but filming 2 different movies is effectively doubling your budget and marketing and increasing cast fees as well. MJ 1 and 2 may gross enough to cover that split, but Allegiant 1 and 2 may well fall short. Insurgent itself cost 35M more to make compared to Divergent, and god only knows about the marketing costs. Allegiant 1 and 2 will cost even more and part 1's return on investment may not actually be that great, especially as it will run into heavy competition both domestic and international.

That may be true, but filming 2 different movies is effectively doubling your budget and marketing and increasing cast fees as well. MJ 1 and 2 may gross enough to cover that split, but Allegiant 1 and 2 may well fall short. Insurgent itself cost 35M more to make compared to Divergent, and god only knows about the marketing costs. Allegiant 1 and 2 will cost even more and part 1's return on investment may not actually be that great, especially as it will run into heavy competition both domestic and international.

I agree with you in that divide allegiant in 2 movies may not be a good idea. I haven't seen Divergent and I don't know yet if I will see Insurgent or not. I want to read the books first but they were sold out when I tried to buy them last week 

I am just saying that I think the idea of dividing it in two movies worked perfectly good with Mockinjay, as it did for the last Potter and many others :)

Marketing was roughly $50 for Insurgent, so in total they spent roughly $160m on the film including marketing costs.

Allegiant - Part 1 will probably have a similar budget and marketing cost, the studio doesn't usually or ever massively increase their budgets. Considering Lionsgate sells off the foreign rights, it significantly reduces any risk and these films have grossed a decent amount to cover all the costs. I don't think the studio are worried at all.

• Like 2

Jesus! It will finish below Maze Runner.  :ph34r:

let me ask you why do you want this movie to fail and why do you continue to troll this movie. It really is beyond childish in every post you make you are bashing this movie

Edited by mredman
  • Like 2

Jesus! It will finish below Maze Runner.  :ph34r:

Maze Runner already beat Divergent by over $52 million, and it hasn't opened in Japan yet. I think MR opens there in April.

However, Insurgent is having a better OS run than Divergent so far.

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 1

let me ask you why do you want this movie to fail and why do you continue to troll this movie. It really is beyond childish in every post you make you are bashing this movie

I agree. In my eyes, he created this topic for putting ridiculous tittles like "Cinderela over Insurgent in some markets" and "Insurgent likely below 100M ww tomorrow. All this only for trying downplay the movie.

Edited by TheMazeRunner23
  • Like 1