Blankments

2015 100M Films - 29 down, 7 to go (Leo Bears the Blockbuster Burden!)

And stop using a completely unrelated film's failure to discount an upcoming release.

Da hell???

Did I stutter?

On the last page alone there were people saying home wouldn't hit $100 millon simply because the Madagascar spin-off didn't.

IMO Home and Terminator won't make it., but I'd also like to throw Paper Towns in the conversation

Home is locked not to do it. Terminator will do it. Barely, but it will.

Paper Towns depends on the trailer. I don't think it will, for now.

if Penguins Can't hit $100m Home sure isn't gonna. Terminator is going to make $100m.

In the Heart of the Sea, and The Hateful Eight will probably get there too. and Crimson Peak. maybe Vacation I really want that movie to be good..  

I think both Paper Towns and Terminator have a better chance than Home.

I think these post proves your point, PDC1987. Glad to see Home kicking ass and taking names, lol.

• Like 5

300M

200M

100M
  1. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water - February 16
  2. Fifty Shades of Grey - February 18
  3. Kingsman: The Secret Service - March 11
  4. Cinderella - March 21
  5. Furious 7 - April 4
  6. The Divergent Series: Insurgent - April 4

Yep, and that would be 7 total by the first week of April. When was the last time that happened?

2012 with Safe House, The Vow, Journey 2, The Lorax, 21 Jump Street and The Hunger Games.

2016 has 14 potential $100 million+ DOM grossers within its first 4 months, so the early period is becoming more lucrative with each passing year. 

• Like 1

Well Get Hard isn't gonna make it but I'm happy for Furious 7 and I hope Home does it next then after that would be Avengers 2 then the real fun begins

Don't be forgetting Paul Blart 2  :P seriously though, I could see it making a sleeper run towards $100-110 million DOM :ph34r:  due to an utter lack of competition for families in May/June. 

Unfriended could also surprise due to its insane buzz. 

Edited by mahnamahna

Don't be forgetting Paul Blart 2 :P seriously though, I could see it making a sleeper run towards $100-110 million DOM :ph34r: due to an utter lack of competition for families in May/June.

Unfriended could also surprise due to its insane buzz.

Unfriended I could see a Purge run but I don't see Conjuring numbers though, Paul Blart 2 it's a agree to disagree situation Edited by Maxmoser3

Okay, so here's what I think will make it until the end of the year:

Home

Age of Ultron

Tomorrowland

Pitch Perfect 2

San Andreas (50/50)

Spy

Jurassic World

Inside Out

Ted 2

Terminator (yes I think it will)

Magic Mike XXL

Minions

Ant-Man

Pixels

Paper Towns (50/50)

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Fantastic 4

Maze Runner 2

The Walk

Bridge of Spies

Goosebumps

Spectre

Peanuts

MockingJay

Heart of the Sea

Star Wars 7

Not all of these are "locks" but I'm fairly confident they will all do 100M+!

Okay, so here's what I think will make it until the end of the year:

Home

Age of Ultron

Tomorrowland

Pitch Perfect 2

San Andreas (50/50)

Spy

Jurassic World

Inside Out

Ted 2

Terminator (yes I think it will)

Magic Mike XXL

Minions

Ant-Man

Pixels

Paper Towns (50/50)

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Fantastic 4

Maze Runner 2

The Walk

Bridge of Spies

Goosebumps

Spectre

Peanuts

MockingJay

Heart of the Sea

Star Wars 7

Not all of these are "locks" but I'm fairly confident they will all do 100M+!

No way Heart of the Sea hits 100m, mainly because of competition with Star Wars 7, its just a week after.

Not true, aside from SW7 HotS is like the only other movie out. it will maybe not hit it in 2015. but I'm pretty sure it will cross it.

Also DAJK. that isn't enough films. I see this year having nearly 40 100m grossers.  

• Like 1

Unfriended I could see a Purge run but I don't see Conjuring numbers though, Paul Blart 2 it's a agree to disagree situation

Unfriended doesn't have to do Conjuring numbers to hit $100 million though. If any film comes out of nowhere in April and hits $100 million it will be that.

Not true, aside from SW7 HotS is like the only other movie out. it will maybe not hit it in 2015. but I'm pretty sure it will cross it.

Also DAJK. that isn't enough films. I see this year having nearly 40 100m grossers.  

If it gets Oscar buzz, I could see Heart of the Sea doing it. However, adults also have Sisters, Joy, Hateful Eight, Snowden, Concussion, the Point Break remake & The Revenant to see during December/January. 

If Star Wars has a $160-180 million OW, I could see Heart of the Sea finishing with $80-85 million DOM, even with a $30-35 million OW. 

Sisters, Joy and Hateful Eight are the three December releases most likely to surpass $100 million DOM since all three target a vastly different demo from SW7 (Sisters - women, Joy - older adults, Hateful Eight - college kids, young adults and adults). Heart of the Sea will try to tap into the tentpole audience. 

Heart of the Sea isn't a sure thing in its current release date. WB would have been better off to keep it in March 2015. Or even move it to MLK 2016. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

Unfriended doesn't have to do Conjuring numbers to hit $100 million though. If any film comes out of nowhere in April and hits $100 million it will be that.

fhe benefits from it though are counter programming, interesting appealing horror movie, and social media crazy

Well that's not bad for Home it should come close to 115 by tomorrow