The Creator

Which Film Has the Best Score?

Best Potter Score  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which film features the best musical score?

• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

I now think DH2 has the best score. Sorry PoA, you are moving down to second place. The cues in DH2 just give me chills.

DH2's definitely my favorite. Lily's Theme is the most haunting track in the entire series, and I LOVE Courtyard Apocalypse and Statues.

Deathly Hallows 2 is so good. So many standout tracks and it fits the film oh so perfectly. Definitely a close 2nd to the Goblet of Fire score to me, for some reason that one is just fantastic to me. But I love DH2 (and DH1 as well). Desplat was a great choice for the final films.

Patrick Doyle's English sound fit Potter like a glove. GoF and PoA are the only two scores to perfectly blend the bigger stuff with the more quiet, heartfelt moments. Desplat's two have their moments but his action music is completely aimless and lacks cohesion. Hooper failed miserably. SS and CoS have their moments but sound like Home Alone leftovers.

Deathly Hallows Part 2, Goblet of Fire and Prisoner of Azkaban are all my favorites, but I had to pick just one, I'd go with Prisoner of Azkaban, mostly because A Window to the Past is just amazingly beautiful.