baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

Which page has The Godfather and The Shawshank Redemption. Seriously, both are good/very good. But the shrines built in their holy names is too much.

Godfather is one of the first ones I listed.  So try around page 6 or so

• Like 1

7 hours ago, department store basement said:

WTF. No movie has brainwashed anyone into liking it.

(There have been movies that brainwash people into mindless condemnation though. Manos: The Hands of Fate is at the top of that list.)

You are obviously brainwashed so you would have no idea that you are....it's why you like some of the movies you do.  ;)

On 1/10/2015 at 8:45 PM, Baumer said:

#25) The Godfather 1 and 2:  Yes, I said it.  Look.  I like the Godfather films.  But the way they are revered not just here but pretty much in every cinephile's mind, I was expecting something more.  The Godfather's both won best picture and remain the only first two films in a series to win best picture.  These films are quoted in magazines, books, other movies and they have even become part of our every day vernacular.  For a humourous take on the love for the films, watch the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan film You've Got Mail.  Look, it's not that the Godfather 1 and 2 aren't good.  It's just that they have, for 40 years, been considered two of the very best films in the history of film.  And Francis Ford Coppola did one fantastic film after those two and the rest of his filmography ranges from ho hum to some absolute shit. 

The films are ranked number 2 and 3 on imdb's top 250.  They won 9 Oscars between them including a best supporting actor win for Robert DeNiro, who did his role entirely in Italian.  The Godfather adjusts to 638 million dollars in today's box office and WW, the three films would probably adjust to more than 1.5 billion.  Again, good films the first two are, but they are, imo, not the be all end all that so many brainwashed people make them out to be.  

Sure, we were all made an offer we couldn't refuse and we didn't get to sleep with the fishes.  And in this case, it's always good to keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

godfather-brando.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baumer said:

You are obviously brainwashed so you would have no idea that you are....it's why you like some of the movies you do.  ;)

You know, you never got round to doing your list of Great films the world was brainwashed into disliking ;) 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2015 at 11:13 AM, baumer said:

The Artist is a gimmick.  It's the pet rock of cinema.  You remember the pet rock?  It was a rock, dressed up with googly eyes and sold in the 80's.  People bought fucking rocks and the inventor of it became an overnight millionaire.  These techniques went the way of the do do bird and they did so for a reason.  Technology moves forward, meaning it advances.  You don't need silence anymore in film, we have sound.  We've had it for about 100 years.  You don't need to make a film in black and white without sound because we have colour now too and the budget on this wasn't a problem.  They could afford to pay the extra couple of thousand dollars to buy colour film.  The only reason this film became a sensation is because the Weinsteins have pictures of half the academy having sex with donkeys, or their sisters or they have pictures of the  men with male appendages in parts of their bodies that would embarrassing for them if these pictures surfaced.  There really is no other explanation.  It's a dead breed of film for a reason.  No one cares anymore about this.  But when it came out, you were told to like it and then like sheep, you all flocked to see it.  Then, the academy members told you it was the best film of the year and then you made it a home video hit.  My guess is this film serves as a beer coaster now.  Either that or it is collecting dust in someone's garage.  About a month after people bought this on HV, they actually began to wonder why they bought it.  

I haven't watched The Artist. But it doesn't matter, this was absolutely hilarious, I actually burst out laughing. Baumer saved his best for last. :rofl:

• Like 3

You have to realize, I even like some of the films I speak of....I like lots of Disney films.  But the unequivocal love they get, even before anyone even sees them, is a clear sign of brainwashing.

• Like 1

you should make a list with hyperlinks to the page as you're going along, would help a lot in the future!

1. link to page

2. link to page

3. link to page

something like this, just to drop at the end or sticky on the first post

On 2016/5/19 at 10:50 AM, department store basement said:

WTF. No movie has brainwashed anyone into liking it.

(There have been movies that brainwash people into mindless condemnation though. Manos: The Hands of Fate is at the top of that list.)

Baumerpheus  "Take this red pill, and I will show you how you got brainwashed into thinking no movie has brainwashed anyone into liking it."

• Like 1