baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

• The Hunger Games (Just the first one)
  • The Artist
  • Citizen Kane
  • Several Harry Potter films
  • Several Pixar films (Most likely WALL-E and Toy Story 3)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Magnolia
  • The Hobbit (Primarily AUJ and DOS)

I'm guessing these are some of the films on here.

Baumer hates 12 Years a Slave, I bet it's gonna be here.

I gave it a 9 out of 10.  I do not hate it at all.  I just didn't think it was the best picture of the year.

From the best films of 2013 thread from last year:

25) 12 Years A Slave:  I don't want to survive.  I want to live.

The film is very good and the acting is fantastic as well.  For this film to be anything but powerful would be a shock.  It's got a great cast and there are images in here that make you sick.  White people enslaving black people is disgusting and if it doesn't make you mad or uneasy watching this film then you are not human or you are stuck in the 1840's.  

I give the film very high marks because it is well made and I thought everyone was great in it, including Pitt.  Not sure why he is being centered out here as he has a pivotal role that perpetuates his essential freedom.  I liked it very much when he was on screen and there is a scene he has with Fassbender that is really well done.  As for the others Ejiofor is outstanding and he is obviously a shoe in for a nom, but imho, Hanks should win just based on pure greatness.  I'd have no issue however if Ejiofor did as well.  Fassbender is outstanding also, as is Cumberbatch, Dano, Giamatti and Sarah Paulson is deliciously evil as Fassbender's jealous and raging wife.  

The film is really well done I just don't think it should be called the best of the year.

Side note:  This is the third film collaboration for Fassbender and Pitt. 

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

Come on baumer! Get your shit together, love. I want to see this brainwashing movie list. 

No way I get it all done tonight.  I'll start it now.  I have the 25 "films" but I'm trying to decide the order.

Here goes...let's start off at number 25...two films that people love....

• Like 1

No way I get it all done tonight.  I'll start it now.  I have the 25 "films" but I'm trying to decide the order.

Here goes...let's start off at number 25...two films that people love....

IT BEGINS.

• Like 1

#25) The Godfather 1 and 2:  Yes, I said it.  Look.  I like the Godfather films.  But the way they are revered not just here but pretty much in every cinephile's mind, I was expecting something more.  The Godfather's both won best picture and remain the only first two films in a series to win best picture.  These films are quoted in magazines, books, other movies and they have even become part of our every day vernacular.  For a humourous take on the love for the films, watch the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan film You've Got Mail.  Look, it's not that the Godfather 1 and 2 aren't good.  It's just that they have, for 40 years, been considered two of the very best films in the history of film.  And Francis Ford Coppola did one fantastic film after those two and the rest of his filmography ranges from ho hum to some absolute shit. 

The films are ranked number 2 and 3 on imdb's top 250.  They won 9 Oscars between them including a best supporting actor win for Robert DeNiro, who did his role entirely in Italian.  The Godfather adjusts to 638 million dollars in today's box office and WW, the three films would probably adjust to more than 1.5 billion.  Again, good films the first two are, but they are, imo, not the be all end all that so many brainwashed people make them out to be.  

Sure, we were all made an offer we couldn't refuse and we didn't get to sleep with the fishes.  And in this case, it's always good to keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

godfather-brando.jpg

• Like 8

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 6:20 PM, Spaghetti said:

• The Hunger Games (Just the first one)
  • The Artist
  • Citizen Kane
  • Several Harry Potter films
  • Several Pixar films (Most likely WALL-E and Toy Story 3)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Magnolia
  • The Hobbit (Primarily AUJ and DOS)

I'm guessing these are some of the films on here.

Edited by Thematrixfilm