CaptainJackSparrow

San Andreas OS Thread | 314m OS | 469.6m WW | China biggest OS market with 101.4m

I don't know where that 24M Friday number came from. According to the article, Friday gross was $13.5M and the cume so far was $21.4M. I'd guess 35-40M for Sat/Sun..... i.e. close to 60M for the weekend.

• Like 3

I don't know where that 24M Friday number came from. According to the article, Friday gross was $13.5M and the cume so far was $21.4M. I'd guess 35-40M for Sat/Sun..... i.e. close to 60M for the weekend.

So even less than Mad Max? Not great. But China will help and production budget was 'quite low' so overall WB will be fine. But since American Sniper it's crap for them, to be honest.

San Andreas opened on Top all over Latin America but the earthquake was not so strong, around 4 or 5 points in the richter scale. It hit harder in Peru and Bolivia than in Argentina or Chile

Aftershocks are stronger during the weekend (I would say 6 or 7 points on the Richter Scale). $15m+ OW is happening in Latin America and it still has to open in Venezuela

• Like 1

So even less than Mad Max? Not great. But China will help and production budget was 'quite low' so overall WB will be fine. But since American Sniper it's crap for them, to be honest.

MM was a slightly wider release.  SA still has SK and Spain in addition to China and Japan.  But yeah doesn't look as big O/S as expected while doing better domestically.

Exactly, I don't know where that 40-50M weekend came from lol.

Thur estimate was 10.5M since friday it grossed according to some website forgot its name....if we go acc to these numbers its on track to gross 50M i guess not sure though 

http://deadline.com/2015/05/international-box-office-san-andreas-tomorrowland-mad-max-fury-road-pitch-perfect-2-1201435125/

Hard to find fault with the bow of Warner Bros-New Line/Village Roadshow’s San Andreas which rocked up $60M in 60 markets, repping 50%-60% of the international footprint. Playing on 14.5K screens, it was No. 1 in 55 countries. Notably, the Dwayne Johnson action thriller grossed a fantastic $10M in Mexico on 3,100 screens. With 70% of the market, San Andreas is the 2nd best Warner opening of all time and the best ever for a disaster movie south of the border.

Elsewhere, the UK grossed $6.7M from 840 screens, including previews; Russia was good for $5.2M on 2,256 screens; Brazil opened to a 44% share of the Top 5 films, grossing $3.2M on 926 screens; and The Rock grabbed 38% of the Top 5 titles in France with $3M on a relatively low 496 screens. In other markets, Australia grossed $2.4M on 448; Germany was $2M on 640 – 96% of which were in 3D – and with a big F-S jump; and Italy opened to $1.1M on 394.

Asia looks promising for San Andreas as the region brought in $11M this weekend on 2,300 screens including in Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Indonesia. There are still key plays like China, Korea and Hong Kong to come while Japan, which itself experienced a 7.8 magnitude earthquake last night, is due for September 12. Johnson was 2013’s top international box office draw among Hollywood stars, and with San Andreas and Furious 7 this year, 2015 is off to a fine start.

• Like 1

Ok, so what's left? China, Japan, S.Korea, Spain, Venezuela and Portugal.

I give it 175m from existing markets.

China: 80m

Japan: 10m

S.Korea: 25m

Spain: 5m

Venezuela: 3m

Portugal: 1m

300m OS total, and i think i'm being conservative.

• Like 1

Ok, so what's left? China, Japan, S.Korea, Spain, Venezuela and Portugal.

I give it 175m from existing markets.

China: 80m

Japan: 10m

S.Korea: 25m

Spain: 5m

Venezuela: 3m

Portugal: 1m

300m OS total, and i think i'm being conservative.

80m in China?I doubt it...