Hernan Gonzalez

Colombia Box Office

I'm glad you created this thread Henry :D

I said during the summer Colombia had the potential to be bigger than Argentina because it's more populated and its economy is growing way faster...but still I didn't expect that to happen in 2014!

The Avengers 2 could take the top spot all-time this year :)

• Like 1

I'm glad you created this thread Henry :D

I said during the summer Colombia had the potential to be bigger than Argentina because it's more populated and its economy is growing way faster...but still I didn't expect that to happen in 2014!

The Avengers 2 could take the top spot all-time this year :)

I was looking for Big Hero 6 numbers in Colombia and I found that 2014 was bigger in Colombia than in Argentina and I remember what you said. You were so right!!!!

I think tickets are cheaper there so in gross maybe Argentina is still in third in 2014 but in admissions Colombia is winning. And 2015 started very good.

• Like 1

I was looking for Big Hero 6 numbers in Colombia and I found that 2014 was bigger in Colombia than in Argentina and I remember what you said. You were so right!!!!

I think tickets are cheaper there so in gross maybe Argentina is still in third in 2014 but in admissions Colombia is winning. And 2015 started very good.

Of course I was :P

• Like 1

Bigger than Argentina?

In admissions it is bigger now, Olive. But if we are talking about money Argentina did a little bit more than $250m last year and I don't have numbers for Colombia (I only found admissions) but I am sure it didn't reach $200m. Tickets there are 30%-40% cheaper than in Argentina

• Like 2

In admissions it is bigger now, Olive. But if we are talking about money Argentina did a little bit more than $250m last year and I don't have numbers for Colombia (I only found admissions) but I am sure it didn't reach $200m. Tickets there are 30%-40% cheaper than in Argentina

Do you know if ticket prices in Argentina follow inflation? Because prices increased around 28% in 2014 in Argentina if my memory serves me well but I know nothing about ticket prices. And the Argentinean peso lost a lot of value against the dollar so I'm quite confused.

Do you know if ticket prices in Argentina follow inflation? Because prices increased around 28% in 2014 in Argentina if my memory serves me well but I know nothing about ticket prices. And the Argentinean peso lost a lot of value against the dollar so I'm quite confused.

I think they do because the inflation rate there is around 30%. The problem with the dollar there is that there are two, the official one (the one studios use to calculate grosses) that is controlled by the government, and the other one (called blue there, don't ask me why) that follows the usual offer/demand rule, that is the one that normal people pay when they buy or sell dollars,.

Edited by Henry II of Arendelle
  • Like 1

I think they do because the inflation rate there is around 30%. The problem with the dollar there is that there are two, the official one (the one studios use to calculate grosses) that is controlled by the government, and the other one (called blue there, don't ask me why) that follows the usual offer/demand rule, that is the one that normal people pay when they buy or sell dollars,.

That's why I'm confused about the size of the market in dollars because they use a manipulated measure which doesn't reflect the real value of the peso.

As a result the Argentinean market is probably not worth $250m, something between between $175-200m is more likely.

That's why I'm confused about the size of the market in dollars because they use a manipulated measure which doesn't reflect the real value of the peso.

As a result the Argentinean market is probably not worth $250m, something between between $175-200m is more likely.

I think that when you import or export something (movies included) to the country they use official dollar, for example to return the revenues to the studios in Hollywood, but I am not sure about that but I think that's why studios use the official dollar 

• Like 1

I think that when you import or export something (movies included) to the country they use official dollar, for example to return the revenues to the studios in Hollywood, but I am not sure about that but I think that's why studios use the official dollar 

Yeah, I guess it's quite logical..

• Like 1

Any info/web on the Colombia box office?

The weekly admission seems to be stated here: http://cinecolombiano.com/category/taquilla/

But I could not find any historical or cumulative data

The last box office news seems to be this one: http://www.elpais.com.co/elpais/entretenimiento/noticias/noche-museo-3-debuto-primer-lugar-taquilla-colombiana

But that's from last week.

• Like 1

Any info/web on the Colombia box office?

The weekly admission seems to be stated here: http://cinecolombiano.com/category/taquilla/

But I could not find any historical or cumulative data

The last box office news seems to be this one: http://www.elpais.com.co/elpais/entretenimiento/noticias/noche-museo-3-debuto-primer-lugar-taquilla-colombiana

But that's from last week.

I've also found this Web about colombian movies http://www.proimagenescolombia.com/secciones/cine_colombiano/cine_en_cifras/pantalla_colombia_historico.php Edited by Henry II of Arendelle

First Weekend of 2015:

1- Night at the Museum3, 316619 admissions, new.

2- Uno al Año no Hace Daño (local comedy), 308542 adm, 2nd weekend. Cume: 814074 admissions.

3- Big Hero 6, 250868 adm, 2nd weekend. Cume: 811857 adm.

4- The Hobbit: BotFA, 121321 admissions, 3rd weekend. Cume: 819822 adm.

5- John Wick, 26444 admissions.

Second Weekend of 2015

1- Uno al Año no Hace Daño, 238420 adm, 3rd weekend. Cume: 1220191 adm.

2- Night at the Museum 3, 216340 adm, 2nd weekend. Cume: 708932 adm

3- Ouija, 184386 adm, new.

4- Big Hero 6, 173313 adm, 3rd weekend. Cume: 1142955 adm.

5- Se nos Armó la Gorda (local Comedy), 135162, new.

• Like 3

First Weekend of 2015:

1- Night at the Museum3, 316619 admissions, new.

2- Uno al Año no Hace Daño (local comedy), 308542 adm, 2nd weekend. Cume: 814074 admissions.

3- Big Hero 6, 250868 adm, 2nd weekend. Cume: 811857 adm.

4- The Hobbit: BotFA, 121321 admissions, 3rd weekend. Cume: 819822 adm.

5- John Wick, 26444 admissions.

Second Weekend of 2015

1- Uno al Año no Hace Daño, 238420 adm, 3rd weekend. Cume: 1220191 adm.

2- Night at the Museum 3, 216340 adm, 2nd weekend. Cume: 708932 adm

3- Ouija, 184386 adm, new.

4- Big Hero 6, 173313 adm, 3rd weekend. Cume: 1142955 adm.

5- Se nos Armó la Gorda (local Comedy), 135162, new.

That's a fantastic TOTAL number for BH6 :D

Edited by Meliodas
  • Like 1