CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Yeah but EL&IC was nommed in BSA with Sydow and not in a category that barely qualifies as a category. 

It's very unprecedented, and I honestly don't like the idea that a movie cannot be in the top 5 of anything (besides maybe song) but still be worthy of a BP nom.  Even if all of those other categories it missed in were snubs.

• Like 1

I'm trying to think if any of the major contenders got any snubs in any categories. Only thing I can think of rn is Birdman missing editing, and TGBH had a lower nom tally than I thought last night when I worked through the categories. I think I got 10-11 pretty sure noms for it but I can't figure out which categories they were. 

• Like 1

More impressive is that cooper got his three acting nominations 3 years in a row. He won't win this time round, but he might start to look pretty "due" right?

speaking of which I'm glad amy adams didn't get in. I'm sure she's very good in big eyes, but another loss would tie her with Glenn Close for biggest loser among actresses. so it's because I love her.

• Like 3

Actually 5. Sound, sound editing, score, vfx, production design.

Better than I expected but lol at mixing nod. Sad it didn't get cinematography nod but that one was on the fence

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

My BP nominees ranked (barring American Sniper, which I have yet to see):

1.) Birdman

2.) Boyhood

3.) Grand Budapest Hotel

4.) Whiplash

5.) Selma

6.) The Imitation Game

7.) The Theory of Everything

No interest in the bottom 3 (or GBH, really, come to think of it), but I need to check out Whiplash.

speaking of which I'm glad amy adams didn't get in. I'm sure she's very good in big eyes, but another loss would tie her with Glenn Close for biggest loser among actresses. so it's because I love her.

Uhm.... Thelma Ritter?

• Like 1