CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

I don;t see Boyhood winning this year at all.  I think Birdman is going to take it and for once, I'd actually agree with the academy.  In fact, if Keaton wins and Simmons does as well, those will be very deserving choices imo.

Remember-Birdman is not nominated for editing. And Ordinary People was the last film to win without that cat.

(And its also doubtful that there be another pic/director split. Still I think this year is up for grabs)

Also I do have Birdman as the runner up for pic currently.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say boyhood has no shot, small ensembles have won in the past, but I do think Birdman's winning because it's a bunch of famous actors playing actors and being very capital A actory.

Boyhood has no shot given a) what they've gone for recently and B) there are other very strong contenders. I honestly think like Birdman, Budapest and either one of Imitation Game or TOE is ahead of Boyhood in this category. I was gonna rank Boyhood last but that I didn't make much sense, but still. Zero shot. 

I was thinking though. DGA could go for Eastwood, in which case it becomes a Birdman vs AS race for BP and Boyhood becomes an also ran. 

• Like 1