CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

I agree with this. Like outside of the 12 years, OMG SO INNOVATIVE AND AMAZING AND BRAVE narrative, like the movie is just ordinary.

There's nothing to it!

Like, I get it. Not everyone's life is so interesting and dramatic. But if you're going to tell a story of someone's entire adolescence, at least have a compelling narrative. My roommate and I were falling asleep.

I'm pissed off that this is THE story of the season. Please.

• Like 1

also people were talking about Jack O'Connell in Unbroken (mostly before it's release).. they should have been talking about his performance "Starred Up" incredible performance, maybe not top 5 of 2014. but still amazing.

Edited by Jedi Master Kalo
  • Like 3

There's nothing to it!

Like, I get it. Not everyone's life is so interesting and dramatic. But if you're going to tell a story of someone's entire adolescence, at least have a compelling narrative. My roommate and I were falling asleep.

I'm pissed off that this is THE story of the season. Please.

Well it's not the worst thing that could've happened. Theory of Everything could've been the story of the season. That would've just been awful. I still don't get how performances that good come from a movie that bad. 

also people were talking about Jack O'Connell in Unbroken (mostly before it's release).. they should have been talking about his performance "Starred Up" incredible performance, maybe not top 5 of 2014. but still amazing.

Starred Up was great. But don't shade on Unbroken. Wasn't perfect but also wasn't deserving of the critical whooping it got.

• Like 1

Starred Up was great. But don't shade on Unbroken. Wasn't perfect but also wasn't deserving of the critical whooping it got.

No, I liked Unbroken, a lot actually, Just thought that Starred up was the better of Jack's performances. which he was great in both.

Edited by Jedi Master Kalo
  • Like 2

The reason I don't like Redmayne is that, even though he seems like a nice guy, he only does prestige dramas except for that movie in Coolio's avatar

he did the awful far from the prestige drama movie Hick with Blake Lively & managed to be just as excelent (not to mention he & Blake were very hot  :) )

I agree with this. Like outside of the 12 years, OMG SO INNOVATIVE AND AMAZING AND BRAVE narrative, like the movie is just ordinary.

wasnt it like the point???
showing just an ordinary life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF3xARyUyJw 

Part One and then they have the rest I think.

link isnt working  :(

Edited by Lady of Lorien